Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased the map “MMI 3G Plus ROW middle East / 8R0060884EG / ME2 5.9.5 from an audi seller as I was already running the supported firmware version HN+_EU_AU3G_K0942_3.

I followed the guides to enabling the green menu and deleting the navigation database and HDD Partition. Making sure to wait at least 1 minute and restarting MMI. Once everything loaded I booted into the red menu to commence the maps update, went into user-defined mode and then into AUDI_MMI3G_AN and made sure to check “Application” under everything listed. I also did the same for Mapstyles, Navipersistence and TMCConfig.

The update and it took around 40 minutes to complete and automatically rebooted twice. After the second reboot the update summary loaded and had OK next to everything I selected. I selected continue, cancel the documentation and the system did a final reboot. I activated but still nothing

When the MMI system loaded after a reboot the navigation system is stuck on “Initialising” and will not load the maps. Going into the settings to check the maps version and nothing is there, just the firmware version. I loaded the green menu and when back into the navigation settings to check the database information and there is a message saying “no valid acios_db found in /database”.

@congo can you help?

Please help ive tried to install / reinstall etc....

·
Premium Member
619 Posts
Hi,
i dont have that exact version of the map.
If you upload is somewhere i will create fix for you.
You were able to install it right? Only have issues after that?

Regards.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased the map “MMI 3G Plus ROW middle East / 8R0060884EG / ME2 5.9.5 from an audi seller as I was already running the supported firmware version HN+_EU_AU3G_K0942_3.

I followed the guides to enabling the green menu and deleting the navigation database and HDD Partition. Making sure to wait at least 1 minute and restarting MMI. Once everything loaded I booted into the red menu to commence the maps update, went into user-defined mode and then into AUDI_MMI3G_AN and made sure to check “Application” under everything listed. I also did the same for Mapstyles, Navipersistence and TMCConfig.

The update and it took around 40 minutes to complete and automatically rebooted twice. After the second reboot the update summary loaded and had OK next to everything I selected. I selected continue, cancel the documentation and the system did a final reboot. I activated but still nothing

When the MMI system loaded after a reboot the navigation system is stuck on “Initialising” and will not load the maps. Going into the settings to check the maps version and nothing is there, just the firmware version. I loaded the green menu and when back into the navigation settings to check the database information and there is a message saying “no valid acios_db found in /database”.

@congo can you help?

How did you go? I am now having the same issue same versions as you are running.

·
Registered
11 Posts

@congo can you help?

Good Morning, I have similar issue... I purchased firmware and maps bundle (Middle East, Dubai for Audi Q7 2014) from www.upgrademyaudi.net on 20 April 2021, followed all the procedure that you mentioned above.

(My old media firmware version HN+_EU_AU3G_P0662 and Nave version was 8R0060884AS ME2 5.5.6)

I have updated my Media firmware to NEW HN+_EU_AU3G_K0942_3 it was done successfully without any issue... everything working normal as before....than I updated my maps to Version 5.9.5 When the MMI system loaded after a reboot the navigation system is stuck on “Initialising” and will not load the maps. Going into the settings to check the maps version and nothing is there, just the firmware version. I have deleted database and partition via green menu quite a few times still cannot get passed over 40-45% on initialising progress bar, in the same if I choose Hong Kong & Macao Maps Nav. database version 8R0060884EG HM 5.9.5 maps can initialised successfully..... But I am no in Hong Kong I am in Dubai so only UAE maps should work and that’s what I paid for...

I send 10-15 messages to the website www.upgrademyaudi.net tried their Facebook page their Facebook messenger as well... send emails. On customer portal after I purchased shows will replay within 72 hours... I am sending messages since 21 April 2021 almost 2 months passed no support no replay nothing what so ever just got autoreply after sending emails. Watched all the videos on YouTube from same guy from www.upgrademyaudi.net YouTube video from same guy for firmware
and for maps
different version than mine but I followed all the steps.

sorry for the ranting but not happy as you can imagine I cannot use maps my old maps version was from 2012-2014 I guess as my car is 2014, I was asked to deleted old maps and partition ... I cannot go back to old maps ... it’s quiet annoying to start driving and maps shows waiting for initialising.... since April 21st 2021,,,,,, is there anyone face similar issues and got it sorted please advise,

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good Morning, I have similar issue... I purchased firmware and maps bundle (Middle East, Dubai for Audi Q7 2014) from www.upgrademyaudi.net on 20 April 2021, followed all the procedure that you mentioned above.

(My old media firmware version HN+_EU_AU3G_P0662 and Nave version was 8R0060884AS ME2 5.5.6)

I have updated my Media firmware to NEW HN+_EU_AU3G_K0942_3 it was done successfully without any issue... everything working normal as before....than I updated my maps to Version 5.9.5 When the MMI system loaded after a reboot the navigation system is stuck on “Initialising” and will not load the maps. Going into the settings to check the maps version and nothing is there, just the firmware version. I have deleted database and partition via green menu quite a few times still cannot get passed over 40-45% on initialising progress bar, in the same if I choose Hong Kong & Macao Maps Nav. database version 8R0060884EG HM 5.9.5 maps can initialised successfully..... But I am no in Hong Kong I am in Dubai so only UAE maps should work and that’s what I paid for...

I send 10-15 messages to the website www.upgrademyaudi.net tried their Facebook page their Facebook messenger as well... send emails. On customer portal after I purchased shows will replay within 72 hours... I am sending messages since 21 April 2021 almost 2 months passed no support no replay nothing what so ever just got autoreply after sending emails. Watched all the videos on YouTube from same guy from www.upgrademyaudi.net YouTube video from same guy for firmware
and for maps
different version than mine but I followed all the steps.

sorry for the ranting but not happy as you can imagine I cannot use maps my old maps version was from 2012-2014 I guess as my car is 2014, I was asked to deleted old maps and partition ... I cannot go back to old maps ... it’s quiet annoying to start driving and maps shows waiting for initialising.... since April 21st 2021,,,,,, is there anyone face similar issues and got it sorted please advise,

Thanks in advance
Hi, I had the same issue. The only way to get round this is to purchase an older version of the maps which i did and reinstalled the old map software and it started working again. Unfortunately they are old maps and not all the roads are showing but at least its working again, I got no refund and they ignored my messages too.

I purchased them from Pablo Audi - [email protected] he was very helpful.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Frustrating as not getting any response or support on Middle East maps issues more of the video on youtube are for European region though I am from Scotland but currently in UAE

·
Registered
11 Posts

@congo can you help?

Same guy have another website in Polish and a what’s app number can see status being online and reading messages but doesn’t bother to reply if anyone in this forum is from Poland 🇵🇱 can help by contacting him on the number he is using for whets app I am attaching screenshots of what’s app number and picture on profile and status when he was last online

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Same guy have another website in Polish and a what’s app number can see status being online and reading messages but doesn’t bother to reply if anyone in this forum is from Poland 🇵🇱 can help by contacting him on the number he is using for whets app I am attaching screenshots of what’s app number and picture on profile and status when he was last online
also Facebook pages for Polish and English

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Still Same no response since 20 April 2021, either out of business or not bothering at all, except if you purchase another item, but no support refund or communication which he mentioned will respond within 72 hours

1 - 14 of 14 Posts