Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else noticed that when tipping these forwards they don't return to the place they were set? this is annoying and may be a fault on my car, but sometimes when i let passengers into the rear seats they either find the front seat goes all the way back, or as driver i find my seat ends up fully forwards so that i cannot get back in!
Having had Coupes many times before (Alfa GT, Fiat Coupe, Toyota Celica etc) I have never experienced this before :confused:

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
On the electric seats you need the button on the door next to setting 1 and 2 to be pressed in for the memory to work. When that is turned off, the electric seats just keep going back until you let go of the button. With it turned on, the seat returns to that memory position.

I dont know about the manual seats though but look for something similar just in case.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Frazpas,
I'm picking my car up on Wednesday and it's got the manual seats. I'm going to ask my dealer to demonstrate exactly how the seats work as one of the reasons for not shelling out £600 for the electric ones was that the manual seats would work in much the same way - ie return to the last position after you've tilted them forward. I specifically asked the dealer this when I was ordering my car and he said they would, so I went with manual.

I'll be disappointed if they only work as you describe, but I guess I can live with it - it's not that often I have anyone in the back anyway.

DD,
I don't think you need memory seats (which come with the Comfort Pack I think) to get this feature. All 3 cars I've looked at at my dealer worked in the correct way (ie the button on the seat back returns the seat to the last position) and none of them had memory seats, just the electic ones.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Scratch, I look forward to hearing how you get on; when the dealer is back after the holiday i am going to raise it as a fault as it can be frustrating, and on reading other posts about seats i see that there appears to have been a problem with the manual seats with the earlier production runs- it might have been the leather tending to go baggy or perhaps the mechanism.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I have noticed on my manual seats that,the drivers seat does go back to its last position,but the passenger seat always goes back to its furtest position,this can be a problem if the person getting in the back has longish legs.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Frazpas,

Just picked my car up today and thank the Lord, the seats work exactly as they should: pull the seat release lever and the back tilts forward, then the base slides. Once forward it stays in that position with the seat back locked forward. You then can't pull the lever to tilt the seatback backwards until after you've slid the seat base back to its original position - and it does go back to that original position (great!). I haven't tried the passenger one yet to see if it's the same, but will do when I put it away in the garage tonight (off for another drive now - I can't leave it alone!)

I'd suggest if your seats don't work in this manner (it's described in the owner's manual) then go back to the dealer and get them changed.

·
Registered
11 Posts
manaul seat factory problems

Ive just ordered my A5 and one dealer told me that even those cars ordered with manual seats are coming out of the factory with electric seats because of a problem with manual version..

Has anyone else heard this?

And should I be hopeful that I will get a free upgrade? :)

·
Registered
714 Posts
Ive just ordered my A5 and one dealer told me that even those cars ordered with manual seats are coming out of the factory with electric seats because of a problem with manual version.

Has anyone else heard this?

And should I be hopeful that I will get a free upgrade? :)
Plenty of posts here already about the earlier deliveries coming with electric seats due to manufacturing/quality control problems but I certainly wouldn't bank on getting electric seats for free now, particularly given the posts above.

Before ordering I could only find one dealer that had a car with manual seats. I spent ages playing with them to determine how adjustable they were. One thing I clearly came away with was that in the car I was playing with the driver's seat did not return to it's former position. Because I'll be putting kids in the back fairly regularly this made electric seats a must for me (to the point I had to give up the 2.7TDi and opt for the 1.8TFSi instead)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.