Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So Saturday September 5th I stop in at the dealer and ask them to check on my car. My sales guy is not there so another checks. He comes back and says it is at the port here in Houston and says I should have it by "this time next week" (September 12).
I call the dealer on the 8th to check and they tell me my sales guy is no longer employed by them and a new sales person comes on line. She says she will check and call me back. She calls back and says it is on the truck at the port and will be at the dealer no later than Thursday. I get the call Thursday that the car is at the dealer. I ask if I can wait until Hurricane Ike passes and she says sure they will protect the car. I call today (16th 10:00 am) and she says car is OK it's currently on the showroom floor and I can pick it up tomorrow at 10:30 am. I get a call from the dealer at 10:45 am saying they are sorry, but they did not check the VIN and my car is still at the Port of Houston which is closed from the Hurricane and no one knows when it will reopen and by the way AoA is telling them they are currently aware of at least 12 cars that are damaged.
Very disappointed......

·
Registered
134 Posts
Sorry to hear about that, Stratdan, and hope your car is OK. I was thankful to get a call today about mine getting on a boat (finally) since it was damaged in the hail storm a while back. Hurricane season is not over yet, so I am hoping that there aren't any other storms looming out there in the next couple of weeks...but a closed port in Houston could delay me again...

Do you live in the Houston area? We have lots of friends that are now without power and no idea when it is going to be turned back on...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts