Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not yet decided how to fund my car. Wanted some advice on cost of maintenance from currrent owners. For contract hire; 3 years and 45000 miles maintenance will include services (?2) and unlimited tyres, I will end up paying £1, 700 (approx £47 pcm). Is this good or should I just pay maintenance bills as they arise? What would you advise? :confused:

·
Registered
677 Posts
Unlimited tires means you can drive it as hard as you want and not worry about that large expense. What about brake pads and rotors? If these are also included I would go for the service and have fun driving it as hard as you want.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I asked about brake pads - not included - only service and tyres - have been quoted 280 GBP for first service and 330 for second from local dealer, so if I went for the maintenance inclusive that leaves 1000 GBP left in maintenance budget for tyres - not sure how much they cost and how many I would use over 3 yrs/45k normally

·
Registered
80 Posts
I asked about brake pads - not included - only service and tyres - have been quoted 280 GBP for first service and 330 for second from local dealer, so if I went for the maintenance inclusive that leaves 1000 GBP left in maintenance budget for tyres - not sure how much they cost and how many I would use over 3 yrs/45k normally
Not sure about the service numbers... only 2 ? first service should be about 18,000... but some people who have already had their first service is saying the indicator is saying the next service is in 9,000miles ???.

Even if you average a service every 15,000 still has three in there....

Some people are only getting about 12,000 to 15,000 out of a set of tyres.... so probably looking at two replacement sets as a worse case scenario... £450 a set... so £900 in tyres... of course this does not include punctures etc..

So if my numbers are right.... looks like a pretty close call

·
Registered
104 Posts
Not yet decided how to fund my car. Wanted some advice on cost of maintenance from currrent owners. For contract hire; 3 years and 45000 miles maintenance will include services (?2) and unlimited tyres, I will end up paying £1, 700 (approx £47 pcm). Is this good or should I just pay maintenance bills as they arise? What would you advise? :confused:
Is this via Audi or lease company?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies - I ordered the car from my local Audi dealer - but they cannot compete with the finance that I can get from a lease company - who will fund the car for me 3+35 £809 inc maintenance, car cost £41550 list - sounds expensive but I only use the car for work so will claim back 40% of the payments against tax expenses.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.