Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've only owned my car for 1 day, with less than an hour behind the wheel of my new beauty... and there's already blotchy blue pigments appearing in the seats!!!

I'll try and post pics later as I don't have a digicam at the moment... but this is already starting to scare me a bit...

First, is there a way I can clean this out? And how would I prevent this? I hope not everyone on this forum with red or brown leather wears slacks when they're driving... :wall:

·
Registered
314 Posts
I haven't noticed this and I wear jeans nearly every day! But some Zaino should get it right out.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Its been almost a year and ive neva had a problem, and ive bought new jersey since lol

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
First, is there a way I can clean this out? And how would I prevent this?
#
Dont wear jeans ;)

Jeans always do this. Especially when new. It has nothing to do with the leather. Dark leather (black for example) will hide it bight light leather will show it. Just wash your chairs once a month.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Haven't had a big problem with this however I noticed some colour did come off a new pair of jeans I bought a while ago. Same thing happened on my light coloured leather couch lounge.

I'd say it's more to do with your trousers than the leather seats.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this is weird... I weigh 138 lbs (63 kgs) and my jeans are aged... washed time and time again. perhaps they were there already? I doubt it because I did a thorough inspection on the car myself...

I know that I can be careful though... but my passengers.... yikes! I'd hate to be selective on what women can wear in my car!!!! how embarrassing! :0)

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Hi Auditistic,

one year and 20k miles on, and I've never experience any noticeable staining - well, not of my magma seats anyway.......:)

I'll try to put this delicately - you're not incontinent are you? I'm just wondering if that might be contributing to the dye release issue?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Its the old sweaty bottom syndrome, will bring the dye out every time:yikes: Can't say I've had a problem but my daughter has started wearing dark jeans and left blue dye all over our cream leather sofa at the weekend, it came out with some Zymol Leather Cleaner but I'd say build up a layer of protection on your seats and make sure you clean them regularly. Mine are ok so far.

·
Registered
677 Posts
19k 12 months on my Magma seats. They have seen blue or black jeans except on the rare occasions (less than 10) that I wear slacks. No fade. I do sweat in my jeans at times especially during the summer. I wear jean shorts during summer and still no issues.

I did put Meguiars cleaner conditioner protector on them when they were brand new. Maybe that is the difference.

·
Registered
491 Posts
had my S5 for 2 and a half months and no bleeding. the seats do get dirty though and i can see the leather starting to wear on the outer bolster and outer left part of the leg extension part. iv cleaned and conditioned it with lexol and it seemed to help a bit.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Since August - Magma Red still looks great - I'm in jeans on the weekends for the most part. Am surprised how well the seats have held up with some considerable seat time.

Always a good idea to wash a new pair before wearing, and you may want to wash that pair by themselves the first or second go of it. Some jeans bleed more than others when new - and maybe you've got the seat heaters on high enough to cause perspiration to start the process.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone for the advice. Yesterday I got about 4 hours of drivetime wearing a different pair. I forgot that those were actually a new pair that I haven't worn in a while... So just a word of caution out there.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts