Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi new to the forum page,

I recently picked up a 2015 Audi A5 3.0TDI S-line. I’m gonna be installing 15mm spacers on the front and 20mm spacers on the rear. The car currently is running 20inch rims with 265/30/20 tyres.

Can anyone recommend the best lowering springs to fit to have the car With little to no wheel gap. Appreciate any help

I’m based in the UK if that makes any difference

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Jag mate welcome to the Audi nuthouse!!! I am sure that you will fit right in. PLEASE do some reading cos you questions have been answered about 3000 time on here for sure!!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
I've run both HR springs on 20 rims with 15 and 20 mm spacers.
The HR sports springs are low and rub over bumps.
The HR OE springs are not as low and don't rub as much.
I've gone to 19 inch wheels with HR OE springs with 15 mm spacers rear and thats a good balance of looking good and ride quality.
I would roll the arches with 20mm spacers on 20 inch wheels.
Hope that helps

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jag mate welcome to the Audi nuthouse!!! I am sure that you will fit right in. PLEASE do some reading cos you questions have been answered about 3000 time on here for sure!!!!
Thanks Simon,

haha will do, I guess it’s been a very popular topic. Thanks for the tip mate

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've run both HR springs on 20 rims with 15 and 20 mm spacers.
The HR sports springs are low and rub over bumps.
The HR OE springs are not as low and don't rub as much.
I've gone to 19 inch wheels with HR OE springs with 15 mm spacers rear and thats a good balance of looking good and ride quality.
I would roll the arches with 20mm spacers on 20 inch wheels.
Hope that helps
Jezz thanks for the advice man, definitely helped 👍🏾

·
Registered
112 Posts
Ditch the spacers and run H&R OE. or do it proper and run Air Ride so you can slam it when you want to. Lowering too much and spacing wheels from hubs is just asking for horrible ride, handling and issues with driveways, speed humps and hitting gaurds and bump stops during cornering with road bumps....unless its just a show car and not a daily driver then slam and space away.

·
Registered
71 Posts
My et is ET29 would 15mm spacers all round still be ok, I was thinking to do 15mm front and 20mm in the rear
Depends on rim width.
On 9j wheels 20 and 15 spacers look aggressive but nice depending on which springs you choose.
HR OE springs they look nice but sport version you get a lot of rub.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Depends on rim width.
On 9j wheels 20 and 15 spacers look aggressive but nice depending on which springs you choose.
HR OE springs they look nice but sport version you get a lot of rub.
Thanks jezz really cleared that up for me, I know what I’m getting now 💯👍🏾

1 - 10 of 10 Posts