Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For those of you that lowered your car 1", is there a problem with clearance? I'm not talking with tire rubbing, etc. I'm talking about parking curbs/ stops... whatever you want to call them. Right now my S-Line (which I think is the same height as a stock S5) clears them just fine. I haven't measured to see if it is 1" but it has to be close. I don't want that scratched up front spoiler look just yet.

·
Registered
384 Posts
If you lower your car you will hit the curb. Just park in front of it if you decide to do that, not worth the risk of scraping...

·
Registered
149 Posts
For those of you that lowered your car 1", is there a problem with clearance? I'm not talking with tire rubbing, etc. I'm talking about parking curbs/ stops... whatever you want to call them. Right now my S-Line (which I think is the same height as a stock S5) clears them just fine. I haven't measured to see if it is 1" but it has to be close. I don't want that scratched up front spoiler look just yet.
Blacky,

I dropped my car 1 1/4 inches with 20 inch wheels and 35 series tires.

Side walk poured in place curbs (5 to 6 inches) are definitely high enough to cause damage.

Parking bumpers (typically 4" tall) clear just fine with about 3/4 of an inch to spare.

It still a hazard you have pay very close attention to.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Alta. Parking bumpers were my main concern. One of these days I will get around to the 25mm drop and 15mm spacers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.