Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry for shitty after pic, but hopefully you can get the idea of the stance. I'm still looking forward to getting the KW V1's at some point for the overall performance gain and height adjustability, but decided to pick up some Eibach lowering springs in the meantime.

I have previous experience with both Eibach and H&R springs, and always have felt Eibach were the more conservative of the two, in terms of both height and spring rate changes. As you can see, it isn't a severe drop at all, so I'm still able to clear my horrendous driveway, and I actually didn't notice a change in ride quality. I'll give it a week to settle and take another pic.

I'm also finally throwing on the Work wheels this week, so I'm pretty excited about that as well. =)

EDIT: Added another slightly less shitty pic

Attachments

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
No comment on the "after" photo. :D Stance looks great though! Can't wait to see those Work wheels on the car (as I'm a little biased toward their wheels ;)).

That's good news that your ride quality hasn't suffered with the Eibachs. And yeah, the fact that you can clear your driveway without scraping is a good thing. :)

So how much lower is the car from stock ride height with those Eibachs?

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So how much lower is the car from stock ride height with those Eibachs?
According to Eibach it's 1" front and 0.8" rear, but I'm not sure what their point of reference is since it's the same product and description for A5 and S5. At a glance, it looks like that's relative to the S5's height.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Ever since I saw your thread where you posted the pics of your Work wheel's, I've been super excited to see them on your S5

·
Registered
479 Posts
Looks really good... I have a set of Eibachs sitting in my garage waiting to go on as well.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Added another pic... slightly less shitty than the first. =P I'll take a better one after it stops raining in LA.

what is the difference between using spacers and lowering the car?
Spacers push the wheels out closer to the edge and don't affect the height of the car. Lowering the car is self-explanatory. =)

For maximum effect, you need the car to be lower AND have the wheels further out, either by means of spacers or getting wider and lower offset wheels. Obviously spacers are the much cheaper solution, especially if you are content with the look of the factory wheels.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks, I am planning on going with wider tires once I need them so perhaps I'll wait!
Wider tires alone will not do anything for your stance as your wheels will still be in the same place. Just to clarify the vocab, wheels are the metal part. Tires are the rubber part.

·
Registered
160 Posts
thats a 1 inch drop all around coorect?

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
EF1 Motorsports 562-424-3378 ask for Fab and tell him that Ray with the S5 sent you. I do most mechanical stuff myself, but things like suspension where a lift would make life easier, I just take it to Fab. Price was $360 which includes a 4 wheel alignment.

The price is about average, but I've been going there for years, and he does a lot of high end work for BMWs Porsches Ferrari, etc, not just "rapper" stuff, so I trust their work.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Where is this place located, i've never heard of that area code lol :confused:

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Where is this place located, i've never heard of that area code lol :confused:
562 covers the area between south bay and orange county (Long Beach, Lakewood, Cerritos, Carson, etc).

EF1 is in Signal Hill, which is right between Long Beach and Lakewood. It's a bit of a drive (maybe 30-45 min) for mid-city Angelinos, but honestly most of the shops in LA like Platinum Motorsports and Globe Motorsports feel very pretentious, and most of the work I see coming out of there is very bling.

I called up Globe at some point asking if they sold hubcentric ring adapters, and they treated me like I was ghetto, and that they only did 'complete solution' sales, instead of selling individual parts.

·
Registered
470 Posts
562 covers the area between south bay and orange county (Long Beach, Lakewood, Cerritos, Carson, etc).

EF1 is in Signal Hill, which is right between Long Beach and Lakewood. It's a bit of a drive (maybe 30-45 min) for mid-city Angelinos, but honestly most of the shops in LA like Platinum Motorsports and Globe Motorsports feel very pretentious, and most of the work I see coming out of there is very bling.

I called up Globe at some point asking if they sold hubcentric ring adapters, and they treated me like I was ghetto, and that they only did 'complete solution' sales, instead of selling individual parts.
Yeah Platinum is not only hood rich, but overpriced as well. But Living in Hollywood, I want to find a place a little closer than EF1 :cool:

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yeah Platinum is not only hood rich, but overpriced as well. But Living in Hollywood, I want to find a place a little closer than EF1 :cool:
Haha let me know if you find one. You can try F1 Motorsport (http://www.f1motorsports.com/) in North Hollywood, but I have no personal experience with them. Out of curiousity, where in Hollywood do you live? I lived at the Sunset+Vine complex but recently moved out to the burbs of Glendale to escape all the traffic and actually have a place with a garage.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Haha let me know if you find one. You can try F1 Motorsport (http://www.f1motorsports.com/) in North Hollywood, but I have no personal experience with them. Out of curiousity, where in Hollywood do you live? I lived at the Sunset+Vine complex but recently moved out to the burbs of Glendale to escape all the traffic and actually have a place with a garage.
Very close, Sunset and La Cienega. Right next to Sunset Plaza. You know how there's like 38948 places for your car like South of Pico, a little west of Downtown, a little North of South Central? I might try one of those places out if F1 doesn't work out, I was referred to F1 by another member of this site so I'm going to go down there and see what's what.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts