Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
What do you fellas think? I'm leaning towards lowering 1" only.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Based upon that pic and the angle it was taken from, it doesn't appear you need to do any lowering IMO. Of course, I'm sure there will be others on here who will tell you to definitely lower it. But, the wheel arch gap looks fine to me with the tire/wheel size you've chosen. Now if you had taken the pic from further back and also down lower (i.e., with the camera at same level as the wheels), then I might have a different opinion. :rolleyes: It would give a slightly different perspective.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for your input. My wife thinks the same thing. She's sick of me dumping anymore money in the car.

·
Registered
907 Posts
IMO it would benefit from lowering and possibly spacers ( although can't really tell from the side view ). Take a look at Ian's and Essfive's they look great, and feel more planted when you drive them.:cool:

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Thanks Graham! ;)

Tough one... the wheels do a great job of filling the wheel arches without lowering... and maintain the original 'profile' so I think the car already looks great... Lowering will definately add a more 'agressive' and sporty look, so it's down to taste,

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I think it looks nice as is, but a little lower and it will really make it pop.
For some reason, after market wheels and stock ride height just looks a bit incomplete to me.

Happy choosing!

·
Registered
315 Posts
I'd say from your other pics, DROP IT! =) I believe the previous posts will change their mind too after the pics...

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks fellas for your input!

I have decieded to lower the car but I am waiting for H&R's coil over drop would should be available in the next month or two. I'm looking for an adjustable system so I can tweak the look exactly like I want it.

Shoreline Motors in Huntington Beach says the system (front and rear) will retail for around $1,500.00 usd without installation.

I'll post pics after its installed.

Note: AWE's exhaust system is also soon to be released!

·
Registered
907 Posts
The picture in Yelloyellows post looks like it would benefit from lowering but not spacers. ( can't quite make out the tyre size ). I notice on Yellowjello's car spec he's got H & R 1" lowering springs and 25mm spacers! how does that not foul the arches?

·
Registered
315 Posts
I have the stock 19 inch wheels. Alta's wheela are definitely wider than stock He probably doesn't need spacers for his setup.

I am planning to change out the front spacers to 20 mm once they come in stock again. I do get slight rub on high speed dips or big dips.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Tire size

Zone 8 Wheels/Michelin Pilot Sports

Front: 20" x 8.5"/245 35ZR 20's
Rear: 20" x 10"/285 30ZR 20's

Custom off sets no wheel spacers.

Definitely lowering it now after seeing Quattrings car in person today.....boy what a nice ride. I agree with preivous posts it sure does finish it off.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have a question regarding lowering the car with H&R 1" springs.

If i have audi drive select with the dampers option, will the H&R springs affect in any way? :confused: 10x

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Definitely lowering it now after seeing Quattrings car in person today.....boy what a nice ride. I agree with preivous posts it sure does finish it off.
Yeah, when the car is lowered with aftermarket wheels it is just set on fire...

Nice choice!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks Sizzle I agree.

SFW I'm not an expert in this matter but I was told by a local wheel shop that lowering with springs does impact the wear on the dampers. To what extent I'm not certain.
Perhaps Sizzle, Quattrings or any other members with H&R's could chime in.

I did discuss this with Quattrings yesterday when we met and he commented that lowering with a coil over system may stiffen the ride in his opinion.

I think in the end its really up to the drivers willingness to compromise some of the ride quality to achieve the look they want for the $$$ they are willing to spend.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
I dont think it needs lowering at all, those other pictures cement my personal opinion. The wheels fit the arches perfectly, all the way round perfectly even, lowering it will give un even gap and make it look too low but then. But its your money, your motor :) enjoy.

·
Registered
41 Posts
alta inc, i was asking about the influence on the drive select option ... not on the dampers wear.

If by lowering the car with the 1" springs it would afect the drive select with the dampers options or if it would work exactly the same.

10x

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
alta inc, i was asking about the influence on the drive select option ... not on the dampers wear.

If by lowering the car with the 1" springs it would afect the drive select with the dampers options or if it would work exactly the same.

10x

Sorry SFW....not enough coffee this morning! Hope someone chimes in for you.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.