Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

Loud Obnoxious Sound when using Bluetooth

2K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  colli 
#1 ·
When I click on the person im trying to call right before I dial I hear a really loud sound almost like interference and then once it starts dialing it goes away. I have an IPhone, does anyone have a similar experience?

Also Change of subject. Im trying to put in a POI I know Audi calls it special destinations. Well is there anyway I can enter a place by name??? This would be a very frustration feature if you can not. The other day I was trying to get a movie Theatre and there was nothing listed absolutely no way of finding one unless you knew of an address.

#2 ·
And you couldn't find a movie theatre using your iPhone? Maybe it's not all it's cracked up to be... Suggest you'd found one using this then put the address into your Satnav as a special destination. Just my tuppence worth (that's 2 cents on the other side of the pond!)

Can't help with the bluetooth problem as I don't use my phone in the car - too much risk of prosecution in the UK now, and they're even starting to look at re-classifying making or receiving phone calls as Dangerous Driving (even hands-free), which can be up to 2 years in prison for persistent offenders! Not too difficult to trace any call records for those who claim they weren't on the phone.

#3 ·
Are you sure it includes Hands free

#4 ·
Just what I read in the press last week - they're even looking at making tuning the radio or adjusting something like an iPod Dangerous Driving, although these would be harder to prove - phone calls are clearly easy for the Police to prove.

Not law yet, just something our most glorious leader (the one nobody voted for!) is looking at - he just loves us motorists and really values our votes! (NOT!)

#6 ·
When I click on the person im trying to call right before I dial I hear a really loud sound almost like interference and then once it starts dialing it goes away. I have an IPhone, does anyone have a similar experience?
Several other forum members have reported the same issue in this thread.

#13 ·
Same here. iPhone has noise at beginning.

And I wish you could type in name of destination. Much easier than taking out iphone and searching... Plus iPhone still is slow because no 3g hsdpa. I still have my garmin. Which is the best gps I've ever used. But defeats the purpose of buying the audi nav.

#15 ·
It's not exclusive to the iPhone. I have the same problem in my A6 with the iPhone, a Samsung and a Motorola, it normally only happens when I get in the car and make the 1st call. After that the rest of the calls are fine without the loud noise. I have learnt to live with it (Make sure the volume is down) because MMI integrates so well with the iPhone :D

#17 ·
yeh i have same problem ,i phone making the screechy sort of noise, also when in conversation i find the other persons volume goes up and down in volume, which is annoying cause i end up turning them up and down on the volume control...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.