Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I originally ordered a phantom black S5 with red interior, but lost my bottle and changed for the "safe" option of black interior!!!!!

Feel happier now, wish I had the cahunas to buy red, lol

·
Registered
6 Posts
im ibis on red

i think you should switch it back to red.

one day you will run into a red interior s5 in some parking lot with perfect lighting, and you'll be full of regret when you see how amazing it looks.

then you will remember this post, wishing you woulda listened to the internet.

G

·
I originally ordered a phantom black S5 with red interior, but lost my bottle and changed for the "safe" option of black interior!!!!!

Go for red mate, i did, had it for 4 weeks and would not change it to another colour. You want your S5 to stand out a bit and look that extra bit special, Magma Red leather does this perfectly.

My car is phantom black with magma red and there are loads of pics of it on here.

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/my-audi-s5-71/index.html?t=71

·
Registered
99 Posts

You know, I wanted to do the fun colors. Maybe Sprint Blue exterior or the Red Leather interior... but I had to let logic take place in my decision. This will be my everyday car but also my track car (not serious track car, just for fun once or twice a year). I decided that the car needed to be appear to be refined and sophisticated, with a vibrant personality under the hood (just like me).

So, I chose the Phantom Black exterior with a Mustang Brown interior. I feel that when I get my first speeding ticket in the S5, I don't want the cop to think I'm a shmuck when he sees my finely crafted Magma Red leather recaro seats :) The Mustang Brown isn't as "WOW" as the Magma Red but it's certainly more sophisticated and gives me a better chance of warding off cops.

I'd say my one little "shmuck" piece is the carbon fiber inlays, which I do feel are new to the sophisticated look but might seem "shmuck-ish" to some.

The Bottom Line: Get what you want. I wanted more of a sleeper; I'll let my engine do the speaking for me on the road :)

G

·
I don't want the cop to think I'm a shmuck
I would never ever let anything or anyone influence my choice of car or its colour. Its my car, i pay for it, i'll have it my way and sod everyone else.:D

Been driving around in a bright red Ferrari for a few years now and the only interaction i've had with the police is 1 guy stopping me to look at the car and two other incidents where i was let off speeding tickets. :cool:

I personally don't think the colour of your leather is going to sway a copper in any way;)

·
Registered
99 Posts
I would never ever let anything or anyone influence my choice of car or its colour. Its my car, i pay for it, i'll have it my way and sod everyone else.:D

Been driving around in a bright red Ferrari for a few years now and the only interaction i've had with the police is 1 guy stopping me to look at the car and two other incidents where i was let off speeding tickets. :cool:

I personally don't think the colour of your leather is going to sway a copper in any way;)
Maybe not a British cop... lol. Well, my car hasn't been built yet... maybe I'll change the leather last second :p You do make a good point, don't let anyone else influence you. Personally I would have loved to do the Ibis White with Red or Brown interior... the problem is that it needs constant washing and all my gay friends tell me it's very gay for a guy to drive a white car. I don't disrespect gays, but I'm not gay and I don't want people assuming I am by the color of my car :p I guess white is pretty common though, anyhow... To be honest I really wanted the Sprint Blue but it doesn't work for me as an everyday car. Bah now you've got me having second thoughts!!!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Tony - Not to sway you any...I'm a plain sorta fella. I've seen a mustang brown (like) interior in a lexus and for me it was ok, but it's not something I would go for. Personal choice though. Again that's just me.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Tony - Not to sway you any...I'm a plain sorta fella. I've seen a mustang brown (like) interior in a lexus and for me it was ok, but it's not something I would go for. Personal choice though. Again that's just me.
Ya I know what you mean. But there's no way I'll go with Black or Silver, too plain for me. The red I love but I know I'd get bored of it quickly. The brown is the perfect middle ground for me :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
i used to think guys driving white cars was gay too. but i was 17 at the time and it didnt last very long. It all started with falling in love with white s500's

G

·
Personally I would have loved to do the Ibis White with Red or Brown interior...
You'd see a lot of top end cars in the UK being spec'd in white. in my opinion they look superb.

I've been hankering after the below Gallardo Spyder for a while now. It will be mine soon. Below that is a mates Lambo LP640 in white on the St Gottard Pass.

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
You'd see a lot of top end cars in the UK being spec'd in white. in my opinion they look superb.

I've been hankering after the below Gallardo Spyder for a while now. It will be mine soon. Below that is a mates Lambo LP640 in white on the St Gottard Pass.
huge fan of the gallardo but not the convertible... love that color though. i decided im gonna call them up today and change my order to red leather interior. the whole design would match me. the exterior is "just another pretty face" but the interior is eccentric and lively and fun and puts a smile on your face! i keep looking at the pics of your s5 elstimpo and i think its exactly what i want :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
i used to think guys driving white cars was gay too. but i was 17 at the time and it didnt last very long. It all started with falling in love with white s500's
the guy is 40 years old... he's been gay over half his life, lol. but seriously i think the amount of cleaning id have to do would be way too much for me to be happy with the car as a daily driver. what im truly afraid of is black being way too common in the usa. most cars here are black or grey... i want my car to be unique but, at the same time, sophisticated.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Glad i can help:D

Im actually the other way around on the Gallardo. I love the Spyder but not a huge fan of the coupe
I finally got in touch with my dealer today and changed the leather interior to Magma Red. Exterior is still Phantom Black. Can't wait!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts