Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered late July 2008 - Allocation was mid Aug - with a tentative delivery date of December 2008 . . . .

Heres a response from an update request I sent to my dealer . . . .

"...I've done some research and discussed with my Manager developments on your car and we have discovered that your order has been entered into the production schedule for build...We do NOT have a definitive BUILD date as of yet...Audi North America WILL provide us with a BUILD date and then a shipment date upon build completion.

As soon as we get that memo from Audi I will forward you a more definitive idea of delivery...understanding of course these are shipped from Germany and come over on a Freighter across the Ocean to our Port in New Jersey....

We have some time here in other words..and I will be certain to give you plenty of advanced notice so you can gather some things together for yourself prior to arrival.

Thank you kindly for your inquiry and patience....I wish I could give you a more definitive idea of delivery..it's just that the S5's aren't built with the same frequency as our massed produced cars...I will be certain to let you know as soon as I have some more information to forward you from Audi."

Ugh look like I might be in for an extended wait . . . .

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does that answer seem very vauge to anyone else?

It seems as though people on this forum know all the exact dates from build, to in-port, to delivery.

And they can't even tell me a build date from an August allocation?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I would agree that is extremely vague. If they put in an order, I would think they could tell you a projected build date or show you something that the order is there. Ask them if they can print you out the vehicle order from their accessaudi.com site. I have one and it gives me all the specifics needed. Sorry to hear though, that's not cool! Anyone else agree??

·
Registered
196 Posts
ouch. Thats like playing with your emotions right there. I agree with drake. You should ask them about your order and make sure it went through

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Yeah, specifically ask them to provide you with the "commission number" for your order. If they don't or can't, then something shady is going on.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Hang in there, the car is more than worth the wait. You will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got an email from the dealer this morning saying that my car will be at the dealer in 2-3 weeks!

I dunno how they went from no info to being here in 3 weeks but I am deff pumped :D

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Car will be here tommorow. :D

Going in tommorow to check it out and start the paperwork . . . .

·
Registered
50 Posts
Congrats.

Glad someone is getting their car. Mine landed at the port last Monday the 24th only to hear nothing from the dealership which is almost aroung the corner. Gald you got your car and enjoy. With luck many others of us will be right behind you getting the long awaited cars!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Drivin' her home on Monday :D

Saw her last night garaged right net to an Ibis white R8. Dealer said its unclaimed, buyer backed out , if anyone is interested.

oh ya and the S5 is siiiiiiiiick.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Drivin' her home on Monday :D

Saw her last night garaged right net to an Ibis white R8. Dealer said its unclaimed, buyer backed out , if anyone is interested.

oh ya and the S5 is siiiiiiiiick.
haha went from no build date to delivery in a matter of days.. classic

·
Registered
384 Posts
R8's and Nissan GTR's arn't rare and dealers are giving them all away for ~MSRP now.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Maybe in Florida there not rare, but around here yes they are rare. And I don't recall anyone talking about a GTR ???:confused:

All I said was dealer had a R8 sitting on the lot if anyone was interested . . .

·
Registered
384 Posts
My Audi dealer in New York has a bunch of R8s. GTR was added because it was an exclusive and rare car like the R8.

The R8 use to sell for over 30-50k above MSRP because of the rarity. They are being sold for MSRP right now.

As far as seeing the car on the road, in that respect they are still quite rare. In terms of being able to obtain one, not anymore.

No need to get defensive.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry not trying to be defensive, but sometimes you come off in your posts as know-it-all ish. Maybe it's just the way I read them . . .

My bad.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Wow

Ok so since I've been driving non-stop since I drove it off the lot on Monday night. I'll take this oppurtunity to post on how I like the car . . . .

Overall my first impression is that it is one amazing car. I did not get to test drive one so my first experiance driving it was when I drove it off the dealership lot . . .

It only took driving about 500 feet before I had a gigantic shit eating grin from ear to ear. :D

Then after driving for about 20 miles I threw it into Dynamic mode. :D:D:D Holy Crap! The drive select is unreal. It's like having a luxury tourer and a racer all in one vehicle.

I was worried about the B&O from the many posts on the forum . . .

I think (at least in my car) it sounds very good. It could use a little more low end bass. But other than that it sounds fantastic and goes very loud without any distortion whatsoever. I can hear the rear sub much more in certain songs with a lower bass line.

But for many songs it sounds as if the medium woofers in the doors are handling most of the bass. even though I have it set to "ALL" It's almost as if I cant even tell the rear speakers are on from the drivers seat, even with the setting not set to "FRONT" or "DRIVER".

We compared the B&O to the system in my friends 04 Merc S500. It blew it away. When put moderatley loud the system in the S500 sounded horrible and was distroting very badly. The B&O is so crisp when loud I am afraid to see how loud it will actually go . . .

The MMI is so intuitive it took me all of maybe 10 minutes to pretty much master it.

When asked about breaking the engine in my dealer said the only thing I need to do is not use cruise control for the first 500 miles. Other than that driving it as usual and breaking it in throughout the rev range was his recommendation.

Charging the Cam now so I can get some pics up in the next couple days . . .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts