Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 70 Posts

· Registered
35 Posts
Hey guys i have a GMG exhaust, and downpipes....i bought the whole setup and installed it like mid october last month....its a pretty much brand new system. Unfortunately I have to get rid of my car like this week so i have to sell me exhaust....if anyone is looking to buy the exhaust and downpipes which are pretty much brand new...definately contact me ASAP....im looking for somewhere around 1800 but its certainly negotiable...let me know and it's the RS style pipes

· Registered
750 Posts
Fab,

Did you ever get Dyno chart for the exhaust? Also, will this be a true quad (e.g. not quad tips)?

Thanks

· Registered
328 Posts
I hope GMG dont' put their logo or anything on the pipes as some of the other exhaust manufacturers do... I really don't like that, in fact I hate it. Don't know why though :rolleyes:

· Registered
457 Posts
I hope GMG dont' put their logo or anything on the pipes as some of the other exhaust manufacturers do... I really don't like that, in fact I hate it. Don't know why though :rolleyes:
They do...
and theirs lie to the side of the tail pipes, while most are on the top.

· Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
fabryce, are you still working on the quad tip setup? havent heard from you in a while.

· Registered
324 Posts
fabryce, are you still working on the quad tip setup? havent heard from you in a while.
+1

I pick up the new baby in 3 days, Fabryce how goes the quad exhaust, oh and will it be a true quad as mentioned above or just the tips??

· Registered
1,184 Posts
Update from Fabryce...

Hey guys!

Thanks for the dozens of emails regarding the quad tip option for our exhaust systems..

We are little behind schedule due to the fact we have been in development of a few new Porsche systems. However I can assure you that the wait will be worth it. We are designing and building the tips in house and due to the limited amount of space in the bumper due to the mufflers location its taking a little longer than expected. Otherwise we would have to re-tool the jigs for the exhaust systems and this is simply not a cost effective option with out raising the price of the exhaust to a level that would not make sense.

While we could have cut off the RS style tip and welded on a generic tip like most "tuners" we simply will not do that.

The tips will be completed in about two weeks and we will post pictures with all the details.

If anyone of you are planning on attending the 2009 LA International Auto Show Nov 20-30 at the LA Convention center please stop by our booth in Kentia hall where you will be able to see them on our white WC-S5.

We will also be offering special incentives during the show on all Audi products we carry including our S5 exhaust systems........ It will be well worth the visit.

Again thanks for your patience.................

· Registered
750 Posts
Thanks sizzle.

We may have a winner, keep us posted Fab.

· Registered
432 Posts
Question for anyone who has a GMG WITHOUT the downpipes.

I'm looking for an exhaust system for my car, but I am concerned about interior noise. Does the GMG exhaust have any drone or is it particularly loud inside?

I'm one of those that would rather be annoyed occasionally that it isn't loud enough than to be annoyed often because it is too loud.

Thanks for the replies.

· Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
cant wait for this exhaust! and i would also like to know about the cabin drone.

· Registered
324 Posts
Hey guys!

The tips will be completed in about two weeks and we will post pictures with all the details.
Hi Fabryce, so from all that the exhaust is likely to be ready around the start of December? When would you be taking orders.

Ben

· Registered
1,184 Posts
^^ I'm not fabryce, I just posted a copy of his communication.

I will be checking it out at the LA Auto Show this week, and my exhaust is tentatively sold to a member here. Once I hear it in the flesh I should have mine on in a matter of days. I am thinking first week of December I should be able to get a vid up.....

· Registered
328 Posts
I will be checking it out at the LA Auto Show this week, and my exhaust is tentatively sold to a member here. Once I hear it in the flesh I should have mine on in a matter of days. I am thinking first week of December I should be able to get a vid up.....
Ah great, should be interesting :)

· Registered
324 Posts
^^ I'm not fabryce, I just posted a copy of his communication.
Yep I know, sorry wasn't thinking right when I was replying, Once again sorry.

However still doesn't answer the original question, when are the quad tip exhausts available to order?

· Registered
1,184 Posts
I'm going to the Auto Show Friday and I will try and pin him down on that question. His communication wasn't specific....

· Registered
750 Posts
Hey sizzle,

Long time no see.

Ask him to get a dyno report too... :D

· Registered
457 Posts
Update 11-19-2008:
Alwin,

Just wanted to let you know that we are finished with our quad tip exhaust and it will be on display at the LA Auto show. I will have pictures this weekend and will be sure to send them your way.

Thanks for the patience!

· Registered
432 Posts
Update 11-19-2008:
Alwin,

Just wanted to let you know that we are finished with our quad tip exhaust and it will be on display at the LA Auto show. I will have pictures this weekend and will be sure to send them your way.

Thanks for the patience!
Alright!! It took quite a bit longer than expected. I've been holding out to see what it looks like. I'm also waiting on a real-world report on the interior sound level.

Sizzle/Alwin, if you guys end up switching your exhaust systems, I think everyone here would love to know what your assessment is as compared to the other exhausts that you've had.

· Registered
457 Posts
Sizzle/Alwin, if you guys end up switching your exhaust systems, I think everyone here would love to know what your assessment is as compared to the other exhausts that you've had.
I'm converting mine for sure if the tips look as good as it sounds! My Milltek will be up for grabs =)

21 - 40 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.