Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
457 Posts
Just a clarification for everyone, the quad-tips are made to order not pre-made / stocked. I'm trying to get a pic from GMG before committing to anything.

· Registered
457 Posts
I hope GMG dont' put their logo or anything on the pipes as some of the other exhaust manufacturers do... I really don't like that, in fact I hate it. Don't know why though :rolleyes:
They do...
and theirs lie to the side of the tail pipes, while most are on the top.

· Registered
457 Posts
Update 11-19-2008:
Alwin,

Just wanted to let you know that we are finished with our quad tip exhaust and it will be on display at the LA Auto show. I will have pictures this weekend and will be sure to send them your way.

Thanks for the patience!

· Registered
457 Posts
Sizzle/Alwin, if you guys end up switching your exhaust systems, I think everyone here would love to know what your assessment is as compared to the other exhausts that you've had.
I'm converting mine for sure if the tips look as good as it sounds! My Milltek will be up for grabs =)

· Registered
457 Posts
fook.

My Milltek is definitely staying on my car, those tips are just not for me...the gap between each pipe is just too large, and the straight large-diameter piping will sit + stick out exactly like AWE's setup, if not more. Like so:

Nastay! So disappointed.

Attachments

· Registered
457 Posts
The tips are even more tucked than the milltek. Maybe Suprablur captured this better ...they definitely don't stick out like the AWE.
I doubt it, just because of how they are cut; straight circular pipes. And just from your pics, it already looks like they're sticking out too far to look good.

edit:
When you say "tucked" you mean just higher and closer to the valence right? That can be adjusted to any exhaust system...it's just an arm-bar holding it.

· Registered
457 Posts
These didn't come out as well as I'd hoped, but should give you an idea of what they look like. Fabryce did say that they're still in the R&D stage and may not be exactly what they look like when finalized (regarding tip size and tip finish).
Any side profile shots?

· Registered
457 Posts
But the extension length of the AWE tips is adjustable, as I read on that AZ post where you raised the question, right? So, putting the staggered issue aside, I wouldn't think the length of the AWE tips should be a concern for you anymore. Just curious... is it still? (Sorry if it's a bit off topic for this thread.) I'm just wondering if you feel that the AWE tips would stick out too far, even if they were pushed in to their shortest length.
TX,
Nope, for the AWE setup it would've taken more than just minor adjustments to get it pushed in; you'd have to cut off some piping along the system to get it in, hence why I didn't bother and just sold it and put the Milltek back on.

Another concern I have now with the GMG quad setup is, it's already sitting so close to the valence (too close if you ask me, higher probability of melting something), when it sits a bit lower than what is shown here, it's going to look even more wack. My Milltek sits a safe distance away from the valence and it doesn't even look like it sticks out like these.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.