Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
432 Posts
Ok guys!!

We will be adding a quad pipe option in the future, my S5 goes to our fabrication shop next week.. :) I will post some pics up once we get the tips fitted to the car.
Atta-boy Fabryce!!!! I can't wait to see/hear the new quad-tip version!

· Registered
432 Posts
Question for anyone who has a GMG WITHOUT the downpipes.

I'm looking for an exhaust system for my car, but I am concerned about interior noise. Does the GMG exhaust have any drone or is it particularly loud inside?

I'm one of those that would rather be annoyed occasionally that it isn't loud enough than to be annoyed often because it is too loud.

Thanks for the replies.

· Registered
432 Posts
Update 11-19-2008:
Alwin,

Just wanted to let you know that we are finished with our quad tip exhaust and it will be on display at the LA Auto show. I will have pictures this weekend and will be sure to send them your way.

Thanks for the patience!
Alright!! It took quite a bit longer than expected. I've been holding out to see what it looks like. I'm also waiting on a real-world report on the interior sound level.

Sizzle/Alwin, if you guys end up switching your exhaust systems, I think everyone here would love to know what your assessment is as compared to the other exhausts that you've had.

· Registered
432 Posts
+1

Perhaps if they didn't have that "low luster" machined look that sizzle mentioned, I might like these more. I think the exhaust tips need to have more of a polished (or chrome finish) look to tie in better with the other chrome accents on the car. Plus, with that low luster machined look, I think it results in the tips kinda just blending in with the stock rear valance. And that's not the look I would want from an aftermarket exhaust. But, that's just me.
The low-luster doesn't bother me as much as the size of the tips do. I think they need to be a bit smaller. I gotta say, this was not what I was expecting from GMG. The second pic from Sizzle demonstrates that the tips could have been made smaller if they wanted to.

This exhaust reminds me of the one that guy with the black S5 had. He posted a thread to show is car drop on coilovers (the back was sitting really low) and a bunch of folks on here attacked his exhaust system.

On edit: I think I actually like the oval tips better.

· Registered
432 Posts

· Registered
432 Posts
Did anyone happen to snap a few more pics of the gmg quad-tip exhaust??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.