Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Have just been tipped off to this site from someone who got a decent discount on his car;

http://www.broadspeed.com/

You'll be given option to select band and model, the accessories to match (even the quoted prices for accessories is cheaper!). Speccing my own existing car gives a difference of £2,500 - maybe the bubble has burst on Audi not giving a discount?

Anyone got any experience with buying through these people?

·
Registered
3 Posts
A5 Discounts

I've just put an order in for a 3.0TDI Quattro. Although almost all dealers stated the company line "Audi don't do discounts on the A5" I managed to find 4 dealers who would. 2 offered 5%, 1 gave 4% and another gave 3%. Although these are not massive discounts, I think reality has finally struck home. I don't think they will exceed 5-6% which is what you can expect on a 3 series coupe. You can currently get in excess of 10% on a clk at the moment (including merc promotional support) but this cos the clk is going to be replaced at the end of 2008.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Care with on-line companies selling cheaper than manufacturers...

Most use cars that are scheduled for export and buy them on the other side of the docks before they leave the country. Officially the car you buy will be warrantied in the country of destination... such as Italy!

Also many do not have guaranreed finance... the web quotes show you what you could get, but the finance is still subject to approval from the lender and may therefore not be accepted at that rate!

SOME (Broadspeed may be one) buy all cars from a single dealer and therefore get discounts and pass them on.

The finance figures I got from various Audi dealers varied tremendously, I found one that was cheaper than Broadspeed!

Finally, I wangled a small discount from a dealer when the car was launched and told "Not to mention it to other dealers"... so it can happen!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.