Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all I am new to the site. I am looking into putting an order in for the A5. I walked into the Audi dealership this past weekend and spoke with the sales men there who told me that they wouldn't have any lease programs till April. He could not even give me a ball park on where the programs would be money wise. He did tell me that the S5 leases out at $950.00 to $1075.00 per month which seemed high for a 55k car. Can anyone verify if this is the case in U.S. $$$. Also if anyone can tell me what the lead time is on the A5's as of now. I fell in love with this car as soon as i saw it and am trying to figure out the best way to do this. I never ordered a car befor so any help would be appreciated. Thanks again

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Hi Tony - welcome to the forum. From everything I've seen, Audi is not giving any love on leases. Money factors are too high and/or residuals too low. Buying will more than likely be the only option in 2008 where you don't get hosed.

As far as lead times, there's a nasty rumor (well, not even a rumor - our dealers are confirming) that even though A5s are being built and shipped to the States as early as this month or next, they are on a port hold (i.e. not released to dealers) until April! That is what our orders are showing on the dealers' computers. Whether they stick to that time frame remains to be seen. My dealers says no way Audi lets the cars park in port for that long.

This appears to be a very special model, so most of us are willing to wait :) Fell in love as quickly as you did...

·
Registered
487 Posts
As far as lead times, there's a nasty rumor (well, not even a rumor - our dealers are confirming) that even though A5s are being built and shipped to the States as early as this month or next, they are on a port hold (i.e. not released to dealers) until April! That is what our orders are showing on the dealers' computers. Whether they stick to that time frame remains to be seen. My dealers says no way Audi lets the cars park in port for that long.
Mine is saying the same thing, but time will tell.

The wait get's harder the longer you wait! Perhaps you take up a hobby to let time pass? :cool:

·
Registered
247 Posts
Welcome Tony, hopefully you'll put somethin together :)

My dealer said he knows Audi too well and that the dates change as time goes on, so I don't think this will happen but we shall see.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
The lease issues in the US could be due to the weakness of the dollar (also probably the reason why the spec levels on the US model are lower).

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
How are the spec levels lower? We get armrests :p

I don't think the dollar is the main cause, or we'd also be getting it on the buy side (we seem to be doing well there, relatively speaking). Typically it's all about whether the auto company wants to make leasing an attractive option or not. And that seems to hinge on the level of demand in the purchasing market. Looks pretty darn strong right now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the info!!!!! So would it be better to order now or wait. And whats involved in ordering. I know I am asking alot of questions but like I said this is all new to me, never orderd a car before and I want to do this right with out getting hosed like someone said. I am just wery about this gut at audi, maybe I should try a different dealer. Thanks again

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Well, the sooner you order, the earlier your car goes into production. Now, that said, if the port hold plays out to a true release of April, it's arguable that the LATER you order the better because your car won't sit at some dock warehouse as long! I'd gamble on them releasing the cars before April and order now though.

Find a dealer that doesn't suck, first of all ;) Tell them you are interested in a "sold order" if you can agree on price. I don't have much data to go on, but down here in Florida, both Pete and I got our price pegged at about 3% over invoice. I'll post the link in a moment to the price sheet that I posted in another thread. It shows you the MSRP AND dealer invoice charges. You'd want to negotiate some amount over the total invoice price they are paying (which is added up after you choose all your options). They shouldn't ask for more than a $500-$1000 deposit, and that deposit should likewise be refudable at any time if you change your mind...even once the car is on their lot. Hope this helps. Let me know if anything I said doesn't make sense.

Edit: here you go, scroll down to the bottom of this thread for the latest pricing sheet that my dealer gave me. There may be an even more updated version now. If anyone has a more recent version, please share!

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/a5-official-pricing-561/index.html

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank for all that info you make total sense. I am going to find another dealer and see what they say. I will be in touch!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
487 Posts
Thank for all that info you make total sense. I am going to find another dealer and see what they say. I will be in touch!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best of luck Tony.

·
Registered
8 Posts
i just got my S5 last week , and after battling with Audi financial, and good credit, my lease payment is $935 plus tax. High payment for 57k car...i know. but i will say worth it.

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
How are the spec levels lower? We get armrests
You dont get the full range of options. Also, you appear to be missing some basic items like boot hooks, warning triangle, first aid kit and according to someone on the audiworld site, the sat nav is cut down and missing options compared to the Euro/UK version (although I personally think they are not using the right options on the MMI).

·
Registered
247 Posts
You dont get the full range of options. Also, you appear to be missing some basic items like boot hooks, warning triangle, first aid kit and according to someone on the audiworld site, the sat nav is cut down and missing options compared to the Euro/UK version (although I personally think they are not using the right options on the MMI).
Yeah but we pay a whole lot less :)

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Yeah but we pay a whole lot less
Ahh yes but the way the US dollar is going that wont last for much longer ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts