Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
I'm looking to contact any 2008 A5 owners to ask some questions on an potential purchase. I'm on a bit of a timeline for fear of losing out on the sale.

I'm currently an A4 B5 owner for the past 7 years.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Saw your other thread and would understand you're after a North America version of the 2008 A5 brochure.
I found the 2009 version, which is available here. Page 9 gives the S-Line additional items - it does show the different fog light surrounds that aren't on the car you posted in the other thread, and also has the S-Line symbol embossed into the headrest, although there are no interior pictures of the car you're looking at.

Not been able to find a 2008 brochure as yet...

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
OK, further to my last, I found this link, here on A5OC, which is the original Audi Dealer Order Guide for America, issued in Aug 2007 for the 2008 model year. S-Line is there as an option for the A5 (3.2 quattro only) and lists what you get with that spec (page 23 onwards for the A5).

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=100&d=1187961151

If the car you're looking to buy has the code WQB on the sticker inside the service book, then yes, it's an S-Line. If not (and I suspect it won't) then no, it's not. The sticker is also somewhere in the car as well, but can't remember where (trunk/boot?)

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK, further to my last, I found this link, here on A5OC, which is the original Audi Dealer Order Guide for America, issued in Aug 2007 for the 2008 model year. S-Line is there as an option for the A5 (3.2 quattro only) and lists what you get with that spec (page 23 onwards for the A5).

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=100&d=1187961151

If the car you're looking to buy has the code WQB on the sticker inside the service book, then yes, it's an S-Line. If not (and I suspect it won't) then no, it's not. The sticker is also somewhere in the car as well, but can't remember where (trunk/boot?)

Hope that helps!
This is going to be extremely helpful. I just opened that pdf and review it shortly. The owner sent me a pic of the sticker in the door jam which only reflects date of manufacturer, the VIN code and tyre pressures. He said he would look elsewhere (boot/trunk). But I agree, there's zero indications cosmetically to reflect it's an S-Line version.
I'll update later if necessary after reviewing the pdf doc.

Southwest UK? My daughter is currently attending law school at Southampton University.

"Further to my last" echoes signs of a previous military past? Or is this common jargon?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pics of the prospective A5.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
"Further to my last" echoes signs of a previous military past? Or is this common jargon?
Not so much in the past, still present! 23 years in the RN and still counting...

Hope this all helps with your purchase, generally a really friendly bunch hanging around here at A5OC, so hope you'll stick around. Lots of good advice and tips here as well.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
40 years with the Canadian Forces (Air Traffic Control and Army), now retired.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well I bought it 2 days ago.

Old 2000 A4B5 2.8 QTip and new 2008 A5B8 3.2QTip

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Although it's not an S-Line, here's the list of options;

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Decodes as:

LX7W = Ice Silver
E0A = No special edition
7D3 = CD changer
4UB = Air bag for NAR
6XL = Exterior mirrors: with memory function, automatically dimming, electrically foldable/adjustable/heated
5SG = Left exterior mirror: flat
5RW = Right exterior mirror: convex (US) large viewing field
1KW = Disc brakes, rear
J0Z = Battery 520 A (110 Ah)
1LA = Disc brakes, front
1AS = Electronic stabilization program (ESP)
1BA = Standard suspension/shock absorption
3FC = Pop-up sunroof, electrically adjustable
5MG = Decorative inserts, burr-walnut
7X7 = Park distance control rear with rear view camera
F0A = No special purpose vehicle, standard equipment
8GR = Alternator 150 A
0G7 = Tiptronic
0YG = Weight range 7 installation control only, no requirement forecast
0JG = Weight category front axle weight range 7
TR2 = 6-cylinder gasoline engine 3.2 L Unit 06E.E
3KA = Rear seat bench unsplit, backrest split folding
8EH = Bi-functional headlight with gas discharge lamp, for driving on the right(US design)
U1B = Instrument insert with mph speedometer, clock, tachometer and trip odometer
X9A = National sales program USA
1N3 = Speed-related variable steering assist (Servotronic)
1XX = Leather trimmed multi-function sports steering wheel w/ Tiptronic
8Q5 = Headlight-range adjustment, automatic/ dynamic with dynamic bending light (AFS 1)
9Q4 = Multi-function display/on-board computer with check control
8Z6 = Hot country
D6W = 6-cyl. gasoline eng. 3.2 l/195 kW (24V) FSI Base engine is TR2
7Q2 = Navigation system with color screen
F09 = Alloy wheels 8.5J x 19
7K8 = Tire pressure control, frequency 315 MHz basic level version
4X3 = Side air bag front with curtain air bag
2K2 = Reinforced bumpers
3L4 = Electric seat adjustment for both front seats, drivers seat with memory system
4KC = Side and rear windows in heat-insulating glass
3Y0 = Without roll-up sun screen
4K7 = Central locking system "Keyless Entry" "two-stage unlocking"
5D2 = Carrier frequency 315 MHz
1SA = Without additional front underbody guard
7GA = Emission standard LEV 2
Q1A = Standard front seats
4GQ = Windshield in heat-insulating glass

There you go, hope that's informative!

Reactions: jschrauwen

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OMG, thank you sir!
That was much appreciated!!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well it's been almost 2 weeks of ownership and I'm just loving this car.
With the exception of installing HID kits in the headlights and fog lights of my A4, I have kept it bone stock for 7 years.
I plan on keeping my A5 bone stock for the most part. However, I have been so taken by the 2013 S5 LED tail light conversion, I like to follow up on that. I'd also like to install LED front turn signal bulbs and an interior and license plate LED bulb kit. The oem halogen fog lights are a bit on the weak-ish side and I'd like to do an AC ballast (H11?) HID kit for those.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts