Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there! I'll start with im new to the forums! :D

Im looking into buying an A5, preferably the sport. I'm looking to buying a used a5 sport with everything on it. Would anyone recommend that I wait till summer 09 to see what's out there, as the s-line will start to roll out?

My budget is no more than £25k...so I wouldn't be getting a new a5.

If I decided to buy the car through Audi's balloon payments, does anyone reckon the current A5 would be worth much in 3 yrs time? (I would buy a new one with this payment plan) As a friend of mind brought a GTI polo at the time and was told it would be enough to trade back in...but now it's only worth £4000 trade in value! (got it for £18000 at the time)

Advice and opinions would be appreciated. :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
I would do the audi finance thing, I have a mate who works in audi and a mate who runs a leasing company.

My mate in audi couldn't touch the price I got the car for when I leased it.

I know I my leasing friend is getting 13% off A5 (rant rant - when I got mine I only got 7% off!!).

If you want me to give you his number send me a pm - its worth a chat.

There was no way I could afford a new A5 if I bought it, but I can easily afford to lease one!!

mallory

·
Registered
871 Posts
I think you would be very lucky if you found one for £25k

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
I think 25k might buy you a basic 1.8 Sport. My advice would be to do the sums on payments and think about a 3.0Tdi Quattro... you will gather I am hooked on the awesome performance and even more awesome fuel economy without any of the normal diesel rattles>
Good luck

RG

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it's a first release,which came the lights.

3ltr is too powerful for me.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
http://pistonheads.co.uk/sales/783507.htm

Damn I wish I'd got quartz or monza now, Im going to be seriously tempted to swap to the 3.0TDI S-Line quartz/monza when some become available now I'm offically a car enthusiast.

Oh silly me, welcome to the site tlionhart, and good luck finding a car, there will be plenty around Im sure you can get for 25k with some patients. Just ring around and someone will give you what you want.

Rob

·
Registered
821 Posts
Is that a none DRL Cluster ??

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanx robb. I think i saw that car on autotrader. Im only 22, so getting myself on a 3ltre is gonna be really expensive. The car i have seen is for the same price, it's garnet red, B&O sound, all the usuals, concert radio/cd (basic i presume), alcantra seats (only ptob i have with it...most A5's come with at least the milano leather...there is another a5 for the same price and comes with the same features...except the sound system) Car has 8000miles on the clock. I reckon this is an ex-demo...as audi seem to get rid of them at 3k or 8k.

I might even wait and hope people get rid of there current A5's and go for the new s-line... :D (im more than happy with the sport at the moment...its better then my a3 by a long shot!)

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Looks like a very good value entry model. Good luck.

RG

PS Does the house come free? (Pistonheads Ad)

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
If it has alcantara seats, it must have sport seats. It is a sport right? to be honest i would be happy with alcantara seats, the milano leather really isnt that nice, when compared to the valcona anyway.
If I were you I would wait, the way the car sales going I would think in march/april time there will be significantly more discount available on 2nd hand purchases. Its already a buyers market but by then I think you stand a much better chance of getting what you want at decent price.

Anyway the 1.8TFSI is a great motor, super smooth and quiet, plenty quick enough for a daily drive. Oh and 23 here, so dont let your age get in the way, but your also right in you dont want the car purchase to control your finances. Let us know how you get on.

RGBArgee: your in a good mood today :) your not bashing the poverty spec A5!! And would you really want that house, looks like this guy selling is in negative equity with the property. Hideous.

·
Registered
479 Posts
http://pistonheads.co.uk/sales/783507.htm

Damn I wish I'd got quartz or monza now, Im going to be seriously tempted to swap to the 3.0TDI S-Line quartz/monza when some become available now I'm offically a car enthusiast.

Oh silly me, welcome to the site tlionhart, and good luck finding a car, there will be plenty around Im sure you can get for 25k with some patients. Just ring around and someone will give you what you want.

Rob
That car has been for sale for months. I noticed it as it as local to me.

I could really scare everyone on here by telling you what A5s are trading for at the moment :(. The only consilation is that everything is being hit so we are all in the same boat (and M3s are worth the square root of bugger all ;))

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
That car has been for sale for months. I noticed it as it as local to me.

I could really scare everyone on here by telling you what A5s are trading for at the moment :(. The only consilation is that everything is being hit so we are all in the same boat (and M3s are worth the square root of bugger all ;))
Yeh Im seriously tempted to get another car because of the market, but I think I should really be investing in some property to sit on rather than a flashy car that will never get used to its full potential. This forum has turned me into a complete car nut, that and bumping into Gizze (guy from tyresmoke, you prolly know him) on the street egging me on and showing me around his weekly car purchase.

·
Registered
479 Posts
that and bumping into Gizze (guy from tyresmoke, you prolly know him) on the street egging me on and showing me around his weekly car purchase.
Stay out of his way. He will have you wafting about in an knackered Merc estate smoking a pipe before you know it :)

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Haha I'm actually suprised he got that thing, in green aswell!! I've not been in the UK for the last 10 weeks but he did show me it, it really did crack me up. He'll be switching to big old nasty green jag V12 next.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
what would u be swapping it for rob? Another a5, but the s-line? I think your right...i might just hang on and see what becomes available. I just remember i extended the warranty on the A3 till sept 09...so i may awell use it up. I'll prob save a bit more cash too. I think we are in the same boat then, i should really start putting cash in for a house...but cars are damn too sexy to resist! lol Especially the A5. I could go for the new A4...but it's too big and rather have something that doesn't look family orientated. Did consider the S3 too...but £200+ for road tax is ridiculous! I want a change from the A3...

What the A5 like on fuel? (1.8) Does it really drink it like there's no tomorrow or is it similar to most cars. I have a 1.6 a3 at the moment.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
RGBArgee: your in a good mood today :) your not bashing the poverty spec A5!!

Why would I bash a poverty spec Audi at least it's not a B* BMW... All Audi lovers have to start somewhere. Have you seen some of my postings elsewhere Robb?:confused:

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
If I was to swap would definitely be an A5 3.0TDI S-line, although I'm perfectly happy with the 1.8, its a great car and I really have no need to change, I just want something with a bit more grunt.

1.8 is really good on fuel if you dont thrash it, as my daily drive is B road country lanes, i'm usually sitting around 50mph with some over taking so average 40 - 45mpg. Sitting at 80mph on the motorway averages 38 - 42mpg. When you do give it some though, you'll be looking at the 20+mpg, to go quick in the 1.8 you really do have to work the gears which is a slight down side to it. At 60 in 6th floor it, and the car just yawns, need to drop to 4th to get any kind of pick up.

·
Registered
6,346 Posts
Why go for an S Line - I am told that the Sport Option is THE one to go for....

(Just trying to protect my RV!!)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts