Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys any know of any speed mods for the S5 i was driving my buddies the other day and i loved it but i wanted more speed but im gettin mine later this month and i was wondering if anyone know any force eduction kits for this car and im not really worry about voiding the warranty or if any one know how to mod this car for more speed with out voiding the warranty that would be awesome either way and i mean be sides the basic intake and exhaust stuff.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Wow that was hard to read...

The words you are looking for are "FORCED INDUCTION"

MTM has the only kit in production right now for $30k+

·
Registered
198 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
I think the MTM kit is actually close to $40K but there is supposedly a cheaper option forthcoming from VF Engineering:

http://www.a5oc.com/forums/showthread.php/rs5-alternative-vf-5218/index.html?t=5218

You always go custom turbo as well.

Custome tune/exhaust/downpipes/air filter will net you around 390HP IMHO
Yea, I had heard of "thoughts" of the VF kit, but I said the only one in PRODUCTION right now. I hope VF releases it. I would buy their kit for around $10k without a doubt.

A good custom turbo setup should be able to yield higher than 390hp, its a V8 so displacement is not a problem, this motor could spool a larger turbo with ease. Obviously its a lot more complicated than that, but as far as power goes, you could make some good power with a turbo setup. It would cost an arm and a leg in fabrication and tuning though.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Johnny.

Can you update your profile to reflect your location please.

Cheers.

·
Registered
32 Posts
We are aiming for 380 bhp if you are interested?

We are developing a carbon fibre induction kit coupled with Capristo exhaust, super + fuel and remap, I know its 100 bhp short of MTM kit but also the price is!

Likely to cost £3800!

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
388 Posts
hey guys any know of any speed mods for the S5 i was driving my buddies the other day and i loved it but i wanted more speed but im gettin mine later this month and i was wondering if anyone know any force eduction kits for this car and im not really worry about voiding the warranty or if any one know how to mod this car for more speed with out voiding the warranty that would be awesome either way and i mean be sides the basic intake and exhaust stuff.
LOL. That was an excruciating read.

MTM supercharger for $40K before installation. Others rumored to be in development, but my understanding is that the 4.2FSI is finnicky and doesn't like forced induction.

Don't turbo it, either; the engine and engine bay aren't designed for it (cooling, packaging).

·
Registered
44 Posts
We are aiming for 380 bhp if you are interested?

We are developing a carbon fibre induction kit coupled with Capristo exhaust, super + fuel and remap, I know its 100 bhp short of MTM kit but also the price is!

Likely to cost £3800!

:cheers:
380bhp? So only a 26hp increase over stock? For forced induction that doesnt seem like that great of a setup...unless I am missing something here. A well designed supercharger kit should add more than that. Especially since the exhaust alone frees up most of that power...

·
Registered
384 Posts
Has anyone tried a turbo?

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
380bhp? So only a 26hp increase over stock? For forced induction that doesnt seem like that great of a setup...unless I am missing something here. A well designed supercharger kit should add more than that. Especially since the exhaust alone frees up most of that power...
Think you need to read SANSPEED's post again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
yea sorry guys about the bad typing i should of read over it but i guess i didnt noticed all the typo until after i typed. my but yea true well thats sound to be good but i dont want to drop 40k on to a car thats 60k haha well at least you can say you have a 100 thousand dollar car haha

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the current price for the supercharger conversion from mtm $32791.63 us dollars at the current international exchange rates. but yea this looks promissing indeed if anyone else wants to check this out heres a link http://www.mtm-online.de/en/index.php?nav=3&FZID=S5257q&Kitnum=M0S5350500QX

Supercharger conversion Audi S5 500 hp (368kW)
Price 24990,00 EUR
Kitnumber M0S5350500QX
Assembly costs 2666,00 EUR
Assembly time 32,00 Std

Criteria mtm Series
max. performance kW/Umin 368 / 6800 260 / 7000
max. torque Nm/Umin 520 / 3800 440 / 3500
v-max 292 km/h 250 km/h abgeregelt
0-100 km/h 4,3 s 5,1 s
0-200 km/h 13,9 s
consumption 18,4 l 12,4 l

·
Registered
198 Posts
anyone in La area did custom tuning? where? how much gain? how must cost? void warranty?
IIRC, FarnbacherLoles was going to partner with a shop out West to do the software install of their tune for folks out there. You may want to drop them an e-mail ([email protected]). My car goes back in for a retune in the next couple of weeks!

·
Registered
217 Posts
I heard they were having a hard time fitting the VF unit under the hood.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Fair enough, it could be miss interpreted quite easily I guess, they didnt specifically mention cold air intake but I'm 100% sure thats what he means with the gains quoted.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts