Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My A5 is now going on close to 2 years old and although I spend hours washing and waxing, I think it now time for a professional detailing job. Can anyone recommend a local detailing shop in Toronto (preferably mobile, so he can come to my house) that does top quality work.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Robbie, thanks for the response - looks like he did a great job so I'm looking for the same - I assume he will come to my house and what were his prices like ?

·
Registered
528 Posts
yup he comes to any location.

it really depends on what you want. I had my exterior step 1 polished to remove small scratches and swirls, and some minor interior work carpets, light dusting etc.

i paid i think $400-$450 due to my location being Burlington, but since your local you won't have to pay the $50 surcharge for travel.

He spent literally like 8 hours on the car.

call him up to customize what you need exactly.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Any good places in British Columbia? Specifically in the Richmond/Vancouver area. Thanks in advance :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wes, fantastic job on that R8 - please send me your contact info, thanks

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Wes very nice work - if your ever over in the UK you should look up Robert & I take you for a pint :cheers:

·
Registered
96 Posts
I saw the link...he did a great job on the car...but one burning question:

Like that car, my S5 has clear bra. And I was speciafically told NOT to have the clear bra polished. It can severely damage the bra. But it seems that the detailer used Menzerna Power Finish to get the swirls outa the clear bra.

Am I correct on this....or is it cool to polish the clear bra using a orbital polisher?

·
Registered
126 Posts
If you know what you're doing it is possible. A couple factors are how deep the swirls are, and you have to keep the buffer on a low speed to not generate heat to fast because the clear bra can easily be burned.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I saw the link...he did a great job on the car...but one burning question:

Like that car, my S5 has clear bra. And I was speciafically told NOT to have the clear bra polished. It can severely damage the bra. But it seems that the detailer used Menzerna Power Finish to get the swirls outa the clear bra.

Am I correct on this....or is it cool to polish the clear bra using a orbital polisher?
on ragazzi's A5, he had a clear bra that I polished out, it had minor swirling. It is fairly easy to do if you know what you are doing

·
Registered
126 Posts
Thanks Ryan, that compliment is to big for me. Look forward to working on your car one day. That time around you take the pics though cause your photography > my photography.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Wes, you do damn fine work, still love that GTR you did, definitely going to look you up when mine is due again

1 - 20 of 106 Posts