Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to try and get some of the OEM accessories that are included in the car in other markets, but don't make it over in US cars. I purchased a first aid kit from the Audi USA website, not realizing there are different versions for different cars. Even though the one I found was clearly listed under "all models", it also clearly doesn't fit in the rear armrest of the A5...it's a few inches too long. Now that I've investigated it, I see that there are differently shaped ones for different models. And there are a couple that aren't quite as long as the one I bought, so it should fit properly. What I can't find out is the part number on this one.

So, especially the European members here, can anyone check the first aid kit in their rear seat and provide the part number from the back? I'd love to order one.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
*sigh* I miss having ETKA access. Thanks for looking that up for me.

I'm not sure what the differences might be, but the fact that three of them are the same except for the suffix letter indicate differences not worth worrying about. I like knowing that they're "8K" parts, which means B8-platform A5/A4. That's a good sign they're for the proper armrest. The one I bought from Audi is an "8D" part, which is the chassis code for the B7-platform A4. That car obviously has more space in the armrest, and I was fooled.

"8P" is the chassis designation for the current generation A3. it must have an armrest cavity with the same dimensions.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
750 Posts
That's a good clarification Dave, thanks.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I tried ordering the first aid kit from my Audi dealer but he said that the number was not in his system. He suggested the new A4 first aid kit ($129) and went ahead and ordered it to see if it would fit the S5.

I'll let you guys know if it fits and what the part number is - it should be here middle of next week.

I am kinda annoyed with Audi how they have left out things like the first aid kit, cargo net etc. You would think that with AUdi's reputation for safety they would not penny pinch on an important accessory.

On my S4 - it had a warning triangle on the inside of the trunk lid - anyone know if this is fitted to some A5/S5 from different markets? It was a great thing to have.

·
Registered
714 Posts
On my S4 - it had a warning triangle on the inside of the trunk lid - anyone know if this is fitted to some A5/S5 from different markets? It was a great thing to have.
Got one in my UK 1.8T Sport A5. It comes as standard over here (although it's rare to see anyone ever use them!)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Its mandatory in Europe. For the A5/S5 the partnrs are:

8T0 860 251 (Triangle itself)
8T0 860 285 (Holder/clip for trunklid)

I could post some pictures/screenshots from ETKA itself to clearify, but don't know how to attach em to the message.

·
Registered
714 Posts
The part number for the first aid kit in my A5 is 8P0 860 282 A

This is a UK A5 where the kit goes in the rear centre armrest.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks TLU, and thanks again Peter.

By the way, if you click the "Manage Attachments" button below the edit window, you can upload verious file types to the message. This in the full reply screen, not in the "quick reply" box at the bottom of the thread.

I am curious to see what that part number for the triangle holder actually covers. I'll likely need whatever mounting hardware holds the bracket to the trunk lid, and if they're separate parts, I'll have to order them as well.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am curious to see what that part number for the triangle holder actually covers. I'll likely need whatever mounting hardware holds the bracket to the trunk lid, and if they're separate parts, I'll have to order them as well.
Ah, found the button. Here's a screenshot covering both the triangle, the holder and the first aid kit! Sorry its in Dutch, but I can do a quick translation if you don't understand or set ETKA to English the next time. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Ah, found the button. Here's a screenshot covering both the triangle, the holder and the first aid kit! Sorry its in Dutch, but I can do a quick translation if you don't understand or set ETKA to English the next time. :D
Thanks Peter! Are you by chance able to find part number(s) for the netted cubby hole in the trunk (boot)? I'm referring to this.

Also, please update your profile with your location. Thanks.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Thanks Peter! Are you by chance able to find part number(s) for the netted cubby hole in the trunk (boot)?
Partnr. 8T0 863 888 A and C are listed as "including net.".
The net itself is the highlighted part in the picture. There is no mention of any separate clips or anything for the net.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
LOL! Yeah, you're right ... it's my turn now. :)

I'll get on this tomorrow when the Parts dept. at the dealership opens.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Thanks for the part numbers

Thanks very much guys for checking out the part numbers for us here in the USA.

I guess we can't complain too much that Audi is not giving us all the accessories - we do get an extremely good deal on the S5 over here

On a related topic do EU cars get the split door mirror glass? I know when I lived in Germany it looked like it was becoming standard.

I would like to retro fit my S5 with that mirror glass for reduction of the blind spot - here in the US we just get the plain glass including that stupid lawyer warning etched in on the passenger side mirror.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would like to retro fit my S5 with that mirror glass for reduction of the blind spot - here in the US we just get the plain glass including that stupid lawyer warning etched in on the passenger side mirror.
Oke, this thread is officially hijacked now ;).

Well happy to help out; the part nr is 8T0 857 535 (left)/536 (right) for all types of side mirror glass.
It depends on the combination of options like foldable mirrors, heated, dimming, convex/wideangle/flat what subcode you need. Not sure if you want convex or wideangle (aspheric) glass.

For a right side convex heated auto-dimming foldable mirrorglass you need
"8T0 857 536 P". For wideangle that would be H instead of P, however..that part doesn't mention auto-dimming.

I don't know if auto dimming mirrors are usually both sides or just driver side.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Oke, this thread is officially hijacked now ;).
Good point. Yeah, we do seem to be going off on a bit of a tangent now with these other part numbers. I'm guessing Dave doesn't mind, though, since he already got the part numbers he was seeking. Isn't that right, Dave? :)

Thanks a bunch for your help, Peter!

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fine with me...let's just make this the "bug people with ETKA for part numbers" thread.

And as you said...I got my numbers. I'm interested in some of these other things too. Forgot all about the cubby hole netting. I want that =)

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I'll get on this tomorrow when the Parts dept. at the dealership opens.
OK, so here's the deal on the netted cubby hole. It's definitely not available as a US part. But, the guy in the Parts dept. at the dealership said he can order it from Mexico (which in turn has to order it from Germany). The part is back-ordered and will take 3-4 weeks to get. The cost is $186. I assume the price is so high because it's the entire carpeted cubby hole plus the attached netting. The part description is "trunk trim map net" (according to the Parts guy).

Oh, and he said the reason for the two separate part #'s ('8T0 863 888 C' versus '8T0 863 888 A') is because 'C' is an updated one. So, the 'C' version would be the correct one to order. I'm still contemplating whether or not I want to spend $186 for that part. Not sure it's worth it. :rolleyes:

I'll sleep on it.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Guinea pig...guinea pig! C'mon, TX, it's only fair. I laid out a whole 12 bucks on the lights. This isn't a whole lot more, right? Your turn :p

Actually, I say that, but even assuming it worked, the return on your money is questionable...which I'm sure is the main reason you are waivering as well.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.