Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering, how long do you guys plan on keeping your cars?

I never keep cars longer than 3 years, but, i have a suspicion that I might keep the S5 a bit longer, for a few reasons...........

1. With fuel prices climbing, and the current degree of un-PCness attached to large engined cars, I have a feeling that our cars might depreciate like stones in freefall over the next few years? If so, the crittur will be worth next to nothing :eek: at trade in time , so it might be wise to hold on to it for even longer to flatten out the depreciation curve?

2. What can it be replaced with? What is on the horizon? I dunno...........

You guys in the US seem to regularly keep cars longer than we do over here as well? Seems 2 to 3 years is the European mean time for trading in / up?

·
Registered
20 Posts
It depends on the car for me. An S5 is a keeper for at least 3-5 years. The problem I have is that I get bored with cars, and keeping a car 5 years kills me.

If I was buying a Lambo or a Ferrari then that's a bit different.

·
Registered
97 Posts
3 years, once warranty expires. RS5 after that....:)))

Thanks God gas in Russia is under $1....unlike Europe, so it's not an issue for me at all. + my company gives me 350 liters a month:)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Oh I forgot about Warranty. That's another reason I like having a new car every 3 or 4 years. Once Warranty goes, you're SOL.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
I plan on trading it in and taking the equity over to a new car at the end of my lease term. I really cant keep a car for too long, I get bored easilly.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I always lease and get the extended warranty if I will go over the alloted miles (I put 25 K miles on per year). I know many of you will think this foolish, but in my profession, I need to have a reliable vehicle that, if problems occur, can be repaired with the least bit of interruption to my daily activities. I just can't take the time to deal with problems, and this seems the best way to do it. Leased this car for 42 months.

·
Registered
182 Posts
i sold my B5 S4 to a friend just after it came out of warranty - i'd chipped it and driven it 'spiritedly' and i didn't want to commit to supporting it past warranty.. full disclosure was applied, he wanted the car regardless and he has proceeded to put 80k miles on it and hit 5 (!!) deer over the past 3 years and it hasn't missed a beat.. goddamn car.. best part is he plays poker at my neighbors house every week, so at least once a week i have to go outside and see my old S4 sitting across the street taunting me.. shrugging off another dented fender..

i know it'll backfire on me, but i plan on driving my S5 (if it ever arrives) until the doors fall off..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts