Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New Audi owner (about 2 weeks). One disappointment I had was no engine start from your keys to warm up in winter or cool down in summer. I have a 2yr old and went to pick up food (1 min away from car) and had her in car and locked. I get out of restaurant and my engine was off (no AC). Are Audis not allowed to lock when engine is running and keys are outside of the car?

·
Registered
532 Posts
I think because in Europe its illegal to have the engine on unattended. there are systems you can have installed that let you do it tho i think its VIPER in the usa

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think because in Europe its illegal to have the engine on unattended. there are systems you can have installed that let you do it tho i think its VIPER in the usa
Yes first thing I asked dealer when I got new keys were how do I remote start. Not allowed in Germany. But still, not being able to lock your car in those situations where you are in and out of car is very very annoying. Considering almost every car is capable of doing that.
Thanks for that Viper tidbit. Will look into that.

·
Premium Member
3,697 Posts
Strange thos cos Audi sells many cars in the States......

·
Registered
2020 A5 Coupe 2.0l diesel,all the usual bells and whistles
515 Posts
You leave a 2 year old, unattended, in a vehicle, and you want to lock it in with the engine running?

Reactions: A5 Blue
1 - 5 of 5 Posts