Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
had one hell of a experiance at the weekend, i was down in newquay on holiday for a week and went shopping in town. upon returing to the car i used the auto boot release on the key fob. put all the shopping in the boot and closed it. next thing i know im hunting high and low for my keys only to realise i have locked them in my boot. it took 6 hours to retrieve the keys and had to resort to a lock smith picking my locks to do so after the RAC couldnt get in.

word of advice always keep your spare keys handy, as mine was back at home.

·
Registered
479 Posts
What a nightmare!!
I something similar on my first A3 in 1998: Pressed the button to open the car, opened the boot, put stuff in boot (including keys), shut boot, car locked itself after 30 seconds as I didn't open one of the doors.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
had one hell of a experiance at the weekend, i was down in newquay on holiday for a week and went shopping in town. upon returing to the car i used the auto boot release on the key fob. put all the shopping in the boot and closed it. next thing i know im hunting high and low for my keys only to realise i have locked them in my boot. it took 6 hours to retrieve the keys and had to resort to a lock smith picking my locks to do so after the RAC couldnt get in.

word of advice always keep your spare keys handy, as mine was back at home.
do you have the advan key??

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
My wife managed to lock my keys in the boot on my previous car and it was a right pain. That was one of the reasons I went for the advanced key this time round.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
My wife managed to lock my keys in the boot on my previous car and it was a right pain. That was one of the reasons I went for the advanced key this time round.
thats why i asked that question me bein a girly the number of times ive done this in the a5 but ive always been able to open the boot again cause the key is inside :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
no i havent got the advan key, was quite supprised at how easy it was for the rac guy so open the bonnet by slidding a rod through in between the drivers side window and the seal, and pulling the bonnet release lever. in the end by opening the bonnet he couldnt release the locks but still supprised me

·
Registered
46 Posts
Locked Keys in Boot, 300m from Spare
Would it not have been quicker to just walk the 300 meters and get your spare key?

(Sorry I couldn't resist)

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
no i havent got the advan key, was quite supprised at how easy it was for the rac guy so open the bonnet by slidding a rod through in between the drivers side window and the seal, and pulling the bonnet release lever. in the end by opening the bonnet he couldnt release the locks but still supprised me
and now shall any toerag wanting to steal our cars :p

·
Registered
54 Posts
Not sure about the other A5's out there but I can't pull the bonnet release with the door shut.

Do love the advanced key though, kept me amused for a while locking the key in the boot and having the lid pop open, simple things I guess.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Not sure about the other A5's out there but I can't pull the bonnet release with the door shut.

Do love the advanced key though, kept me amused for a while locking the key in the boot and having the lid pop open, simple things I guess.
hehehe yes tried a few times making sure i have a spare key near by just incase ;)

yeah you cant pop the bonnet but i suppose you could pull the button to open the boot

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've built up a good relationship with the car now so will even try it miles away from the spare! I'm sure I'll do something wrong and get caught out one day though!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I heard that if this happened you could;

Get someone with the spare key to press the button over the mobile phone, and hold the phone close to the car and it would open, havent tried it tho

·
Registered
1,269 Posts

Get someone with the spare key to press the button over the mobile phone, and hold the phone close to the car and it would open, havent tried it tho
Wont work !!

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts

Lol. I can't believe you fell for that.

·
Registered
383 Posts
All locks lock togther... and only from the KEY?

There is a way I am sure through module coding, to have all the locks either unlock or lock at once AND only lock from the key.

My S5 "auto-locks" the boot once it is closed so its possible to lock the key in the boot. I think its time to dig in to the codes and change the coding so it only locks from the key.

Anyone else tried changing the coding from the factory setting?

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
There is a way I am sure through module coding, to have all the locks either unlock or lock at once AND only lock from the key.

My S5 "auto-locks" the boot once it is closed so its possible to lock the key in the boot. I think its time to dig in to the codes and change the coding so it only locks from the key.

Anyone else tried changing the coding from the factory setting?
I don't think the problem is with the book locking itself. It's being able to open the boot while the rest of the car is locked.

We should be made to open the rest of the car first of all before the boot unlock button will work.

There must be coding for that surely?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm not sure of the technical terminology but I can't lock my keys in the boot, the garage sorted the settings for me. With my S5 it doesn't use a key to start just works on the proximity sensor so I put it in my coat and closed the boot, but the boot won't close with the keys in it just keeps opening, just leave them in my pocket now.

Not sure if that helps or if it's just an option on the S5 with the push button start????

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I'm not sure of the technical terminology but I can't lock my keys in the boot, the garage sorted the settings for me. With my S5 it doesn't use a key to start just works on the proximity sensor so I put it in my coat and closed the boot, but the boot won't close with the keys in it just keeps opening, just leave them in my pocket now.

Not sure if that helps or if it's just an option on the S5 with the push button start????
That is standard with the advanced key, as referred to earlier in this thread.

The garage shouldnt have to do a thing. If the car detects the keys inside it will not allow the doors to be locked. That is the default action.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Wow and Audi call this the advanced key:thumbsdown:.

So if you are sitting in the car, you can't lock the doors? to stop intruders, like car jackers!

Then, let me see.... if you are near the car, the car jacker can simply get in to the drivers seat & press the start button and drive off anyway - only to be warned by the car that he doesn't have the key.

Very advanced... ha ha

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
So if you are sitting in the car, you can't lock the doors? to stop intruders, like car jackers!
Yes you can. It will auto lock when you start moving above a few mph.

Then, let me see.... if you are near the car, the car jacker can simply get in to the drivers seat & press the start button and drive off anyway - only to be warned by the car that he doesn't have the key.
No, the key has to be inside the car. Not outside.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts