Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm after some urgent help. My battery is dead and when I try the key in the drivers lock, it sounds like it unlocks but when I pull the handle, nothing, stays shut. Does anyone know of any other way in other than calling a car locksmith or breaking a window?

TIA.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi guys, I'm after some urgent help. My battery is dead and when I try the key in the drivers lock, it sounds like it unlocks but when I pull the handle, nothing, stays shut. Does anyone know of any other way in other than calling a car locksmith or breaking a window?

TIA.
Sounds like you've got the perfect Lockdown storm there, if it's anything like my car the battery's FUBARed because the car isn't gettting used properly and the door release cable is/was jammed.

I had this the other day, I got in and started the car, then had to get out to scrape ice off the windscreen - only when I went back to get in both door handles refused to work! So the key's in the ignition, the the engine's running and neither door will open!

It was a bit fiddly to solve but I did it eventually, and this is where I was thankful that the A5 has frameless windows. I got a length of stout wire about 3mm diameter and made a hook at one end, then I managed to wiggle this between the window glass and the seal at the B pillar and eventually hook the end over the interior door handle (took me about 1/2 hour to do it!), sharp tug on the other end of the wire and bingo! The door came open. Obviously this assumes that you've got some stout wire in the first place.

Second option is to see if there's enough juice in the battery to allow you to use the spare key to open the windows on the remote (press and hold the unlock button).

If push comes to shove a decent locksmith should be able to do something similar

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.