Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone.

Hoping someone can help me out here? I CANNOT figure out where the glow plugs are on my 2008 3.0 TDI (CCWA). I do quite a bit of my own mechanicing but this has stumped me?! Could another fellow 3.0 TDI owner please take a photo of the engine bay and point out the 6 locations?! I'd be very grateful.

Thanks

Ian

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much Gove. I FINALLY found them. Next issue, how on earth do you access plugs 3 and 6???!!

Thanks

Ian

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No worries. Thanks for your help man!

After a little more thinking and research, it appears that the 2 things obstructing glow plugs 3 and 6 are the intake manifold motors. Can anyone confirm if it is just a case of simply removing the bolts on this motor and setting it to the side to allow access to the plug?

I can find lots of info on removing and cleaning the intake manifold itself, but I’m not looking to do that. Just removing the motor to access the plugs? If someone could confirm that'd be great.

Thanks everyone!

Ian

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can anyone help with this please?? Many thanks everyone!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bump

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, I gave this a go today! Really simple and straightforward to be honest. The hardest bit (apart from trying to locate the plugs!!!) is getting the rubber covers off as there’s isn’t much room to get your fingers in. I used a wee trick I saw on a YouTube video - putting a reversed cable tie round the rubber cover and pulling it off with that. Worked quite well. Also, I used a good liberal spray of WD40 as I read horror stories of the plugs snapping. This worked well too.

Anyway, after searching the internet and watching videos in German, as well as a bit of investigation, i realised that plugs 3 and 6 can be accessed simply by moving the cable harness/loom out of the way. Once you do that, you can get to the plugs.

I have included a pic of the engine bay and added a couple of notes for anyone who is interested/was having the same issue of locating the plugs and wondering about how to get to plugs 3 and 6.

Anyway, hope this helps someone.

Thanks now!

Ian

7EAD4AA7-BC84-42C5-A56D-FAE062EAFF73.jpeg

1 - 8 of 8 Posts