Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Guys,
Id like to start by saying I rarely ever come on to forums to rant or complain- but iv had alot of lousy treatment from my local audi dealer and i just thought id share....

Basically i called the dealership approx. two weeks ago to arrange a test drive of the 3.0tdi auto, and this has been the sequence of events since:
- On my 1st call i was told id get a call back asap as no one could take my call
(typical behaviour ie take details so you can hound the customer afterwards- understandable these days!)

- But by the next day, no reply, so i phoned again and was told someone would call me within half an hour...again no call back.

- so the following day i called again and suggested i wait on the line till a salesman was free, and within 2 mins i was on the line to a quite uninterested salesman whos reply was that... ‘they didnt have any 3.0 autos as it was too new and that I should call their car despatch office to see if i could have one sent to their showroom for me!’

................anyway i obliged and mangaged to speak to a pleasant woman at the despatch office who said that the dealers were not supposed to ask the public to phone that office (big surprise!)- and that it was their job to call them and arrange the cars: she even went as far as to say that it sounded like I had been fobbed off – and that she would phone the dealer back and have them call me to sort out their mess.

-within the hour i got a call from an chap who sounded quite apologetic… and said that he was arranging a car (a 2.7 auto) , and that he would call me on monday of the following week to let me know when to come in.

-on thursday of the following week I phoned in – and asked to see why no one had called and what the situation was…. I was told that they had me pencilled in to be called on that Friday (convenient)!! and that the car would be with them on the Saturday …which (just my luck) I was unfortunately unable to make …..

.......so I suggested I would call them back today (Monday) to arrange the drive for this afternoon instead.....

-after two calls so far today, iv been told ill be called back twice and have only just received a call at 4.40 too late for me to be able to make it to the dealership!!

Im afraid I couldn’t bite my tounge any longer – so I told them as frankly as possible that I will no longer be dealing with them.

If I have to go through all this just for the test drive does that mean its time to forget the 3.0tdi and move on to the 335d?

·
Registered
237 Posts
If I have to go through all this just for the test drive does that mean its time to forget the 3.0tdi and move on to the 335d?
No - just means it's time to locate another dealer.

I know that the 3.0 Tdi Tip has only just reached these shores so a test drive may prove difficult but simple courtesy isn't difficult. Many on this forum have bought cars from dealers located a fair way from them as they've not been happy with the local branch. Besides, having had both marques for several years there are good and bad Audi and BMW dealers as with any other. It really does depend on the quality of the salesperson but seems like they're all rubbish at your local dealer. Good luck

ps - time to big up Norwich Audi (for courtesy at least). I've criticised them in the past but they've been great this time with regard to test drives etc. and certainly in calling me back . Hopefully this attitude will continue:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
As marmin said, find another dealer. If this is how they manage sales, just imagine how BAD it will be with service!!

Walk away...

If you can find a dealership that is that little bit further away, it's well worth it.

Also, what dealership was it? Just so fellow members know to stay clear...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys - its good to be able to share my thoughts with current audi customers....

as for the dealership it was whetstone audi

(....its a shame as i really would have prefered to deal with them as they are about a mile from my house!)

...well i guess ill try finchley road or watford ...out of interest has anyone got anything good to say about any of the other london dealers?

·
Registered
479 Posts
as for the dealership it was whetstone audi
That explains a lot! I work in vehicle finance and have dealt with them several times in the past. Not a great experience!

If you want calls returned within minutes, emails answered promptly and a good chap to deal with, call Alastair Cunningham at Stratford Audi. His attitude is a refreshing change. I have had four Audis from my local dealer and was intending to get my A5 from them. They didn't play ball on discount and have really gone down the pan. Then again, it happens to them all when Sytners take over :mad:. Stratford have exceeded expectations so far and as I say, I deal with car dealers all day!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.