1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yikes! Pretty bad rear-ender...

·
Registered
53 Posts
that was my thought also...looks like it took a pretty good hit and the cabin seem to hold up well

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
That's a pretty harsh rear-ender. Glad to see it held up well. I look forward to seeing how well the A5/S5 does in the Euro NCAP tests.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Don't be nervous. Just think about the fact that this could happen to you anytime, anywhere, regardless of the car you are driving! There now, doesn't that help calm your nerves? No?? ;)

·
Registered
714 Posts
That really shows the strength of the car. Audi should use it as a sales pitch!
Please please please don't show this car to Audi. Looking at the pic on the second link above they'll start to get ideas about an A5 Pickup. I mean, the rumours about the A5 Sportback just get stronger and stronger and that seems like a really daft idea when there's already the A4 Avant and the Q5. Some bright Audi spark would probably think it was time for Audi to enter the pickup segment.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Yeah... but the Yanks'd buy 'em by the thousand!

(I use 'Yanks' in a jokey tone hear BTW! ...a sort of term of endearment!!)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Yeah us Americans are just a bunch of boot wearin', tobacco chewin', truck drivin' cowboys!:D On a more serious note, I can't believe the rear passenger side tire on that car isn't flat. Maybe Dunlop should use the pics for their advertising!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
714 Posts
Yeah us Americans are just a bunch of boot wearin', tobacco chewin', truck drivin' cowboys!:D
All the yanks I've met on here are what would be referred to in the North of England (the real heart of the UK - Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds ... erm Grimsby?) as "top blokes".

This is an accolade.

As some of my fellow UK posters have noted, the humour/hubris doesn't always carry across the pond. Rest assured if someone on our side is "out of order" then the UK guys will give 'em a slap for bad manners.

We should unite with our cousins and in the words of Stan, Cartman et al ... "BLAME CANADA"

·
Registered
298 Posts
All the yanks I've met on here are what would be referred to in the North of England (the real heart of the UK - Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds ... erm Grimsby?) as "top blokes".

This is an accolade.

As some of my fellow UK posters have noted, the humour/hubris doesn't always carry across the pond. Rest assured if someone on our side is "out of order" then the UK guys will give 'em a slap for bad manners.

We should unite with our cousins and in the words of Stan, Cartman et al ... "BLAME CANADA"
Never taken as an insult. Its all in fun:D

·
Registered
62 Posts
Maybe the guy needed a BABY ON BOARD sticker so no-one would dream of hitting the rear end !!!

You don't want to park there just pull it back a bit so I can get my shopping in the boot.

Damn those bollards.

Bloody hell this A5 doesn't half shift in reverse.

·
Registered
141 Posts
OUCH!! Oh man that sucks! Id like to see an american car hold up that well that was similar size/weight to the A5/S5. German cars and japanese cars still are the best :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts