Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in the Czech Republic. There's a color we can get for the A5 here (I see it on the German web site as well) called Liquid Metal Blue Metallic.

It's sort of a metallic silver with a light blue tint in it.

Has anybody seen an A5 in this color, and, if so, what did you think?

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have not seen or heard of this but it does sound cool. We used to have a TL that was white but the pearl in it was blue. In the right light it turned a light blue shade.

This is also similar to the Astro Black on my wifes MINI. It is black with blue pearl and turn kind of bluish/ purplish in the right light.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Hi copernicus, and welcome to the forum. Sounds like Avus Silver, actually. In the U.S. that is a color exclusive to the S-Line A5 and is likewise a silver with blue tint underlying.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Yeah, it does sound like it could be the same thing as Avus Silver.

Copernicus, do the Avus Silver pics in this link look like what you've seen?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Avus silver looks darker and less blue to me in those pics.

I saw the liquid metal blue paint sample at the dealer. The dealer sample looks less blue than the sample in the configurator on www.audi.de. The printed brochure looks more blue than the paint sample as well.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Those photos were unfortunately taken in rain/bad weather, so they do look darker than normal. Audi's configurator is notoriously horrible about showing true color rendition. The U.S. S5 configurator and A5 preview are almost cartoonish.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
House, you're right about the horrible color rendition on the Audi configurator.

Copernicus, I have a suggestion. Why don't you open up two separate browser windows and navigate to the German and US (or UK) sites to run the Audi configurator on each for comparison? Then you could determine which color on the US (or UK) site is equivalent to the Liquid Metal Blue Metallic on the German site. Just a thought.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
You can't get to Avus Silver on the U.S. site (at least not for the A5 and it isn't an available option for the S5). Maybe it's available on another model.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I found Avus silver on the UK A8 configurator (thanks houseofg for the suggestion about looking at other models). It's also on the German A8 configurator as Avus silver. It's a pearl color.

On the German A5 configurator, the liquid metal blue is listed with the metallic colors and not the pearl colors.

So I think they are different colors.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
OK, so you got me curious after all of this. I went to the Czech Republic site to check it out on the configurator. I must admit it is quite an interesting color (for lack of a better word). Just to confirm ... is the color in the attached "cartoonish" pic what you have been referring to?

I have not seen a "real life" pic of an A5 in that color yet. But, if one exists, I will certainly find it!!! Isn't that right, house? :p

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, that's what it looks like in the configurator.

I think it looks much better in the paint sample at the dealer (more metallic silver and less blue).

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
OK, so you got me curious after all of this. I went to the Czech Republic site to check it out on the configurator. I must admit it is quite an interesting color (for lack of a better word). Just to confirm ... is the color in the attached "cartoonish" pic what you have been referring to?

I have not seen a "real life" pic of an A5 in that color yet. But, if one exists, I will certainly find it!!! Isn't that right, house? :p

Heck yeah, TX! I'm surprised you're not already on a flight to Eastern Europe (do people actually use that term anymore?) to hunt one of these bad boys down! Somehow you left Europe last time without checking this one off your list ;)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It looks like there is Avus silver is in the German A5 configurator now (for a premium price over the the "standard" pearl colors). There's also a 2nd pearl red there for a premium.

I don't see Avus or the new red pearl in the Czech configurator. We usually get the same colors as Germany, but with a time lag if there's something new.

I'm leaning towards Avus silver now. I've read up on it and found some pictures of other Audis with it. It looks really cool to me and is a known quantity.

·
Super Moderator
1,277 Posts
Avus Silver will be a great choice. It was very difficult for me not to get it. I've just had silver for a long time now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.