Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm here in Iraq and finishing up my deployment. I decided to take advantage of a military buyers program and purchase an '09 A5! Needless to say, I'm thrilled. I need help with colors though. Because I can't actually see the cars in person, I'm having trouble choosing a color. Although I went with Aruba Blue / Light Grey interior, I still really like the Brilliant Red. I have only 2 weeks to finalize my decision. The problem is that I want a light interior, but am not sold on the Linen Beige (which comes with Red). Is it me, or do the black stereo components clash with the taupe and beige dashboard? It seems like most of the interior pictures that people post are either grey or black. Have any of you personally seen the Linen Beige? Any thoughts on Red VS Aruba Pearl?

Thanks

·
Registered
25 Posts
Here's your car!

I can't tell you the number of compliments I've had on this combination. BTW you'll love this car. Welcome Home!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
750 Posts
I'm here in Iraq and finishing up my deployment. I decided to take advantage of a military buyers program and purchase an '09 A5! Needless to say, I'm thrilled. I need help with colors though. Because I can't actually see the cars in person, I'm having trouble choosing a color. Although I went with Aruba Blue / Light Grey interior, I still really like the Brilliant Red. I have only 2 weeks to finalize my decision. The problem is that I want a light interior, but am not sold on the Linen Beige (which comes with Red). Is it me, or do the black stereo components clash with the taupe and beige dashboard? It seems like most of the interior pictures that people post are either grey or black. Have any of you personally seen the Linen Beige? Any thoughts on Red VS Aruba Pearl?

Thanks
Hey Saundena, welcome to the group. The Beige looks good; the Aruba/Grey is also a popular combo, I would read this post about the Quartz Gray interior before you decide on it though.

There are a lot of good resources on this forum (search is your friend), I personally have a black interior, but my last car had a light beige interior with the black accents and dash and I think it looks really nice.

Welcome.
C.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Saundena, Did you decide on your colour combination yet? I think the linen beige/Aruba combo would look pretty sharp like Macwm's who helped me decide on getting the light interier (DSB/Pale Gray)

·
Registered
1,269 Posts

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
:eek: I havn't got that black separator in my car. ??
I have !!!
Blade, you have the rear seat center storage section because you have an S5. All S5s come with them (regardless of which country the car was made for).

Rab, you don't have it because Euro spec A5s all come with a leather center section. However, North American spec A5s apparently do come with the rear seat center storage section.

This is another one of those quirky Audi things that I noticed earlier in the year.

·
Registered
256 Posts
JSC more pic from interior pls :D
Ask and you shall receive. I thought I'd throw in one looking up (sunshade closed) you don't see many headliner photos. :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
147 Posts
Saundena, welcome. As ever it is a matter of personal taste. I like the linen biege but not the associated dashboard colour. To my eye the light dash looks somewhat plasticy (this is of course only my impression). I settled on the Silver interior (i.e. white-sort of) which comes with the black/grey dash. I think that this works very well with any shade of blue or possibly with red. Good luck with the decision - it's a nice one to have to make!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all of the pictures

Well as luck would have it (or un-luck), my order got pushed back until March. Although this is a disapointment, I now have some time to go to several Audi dealers and check out color and interior combos. Thanks for all of the great pictures!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.