Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased a 2008 A5 3.0 tdi.

The car would display the flashing orange glow-plugs light and engine management light with the key inserted but engine not running. The car was a little rough on startup, but all lights would go off upon starting. The car had a slight vibration whilst in neutral and revs varied between 700-900rmp.

Upon starting the car on Saturday the glow-plugs light remained on and flashing. As did the engine management light. The car went into limp mode.

I have the following error codes:

P0236
P068A00
U042300
UI00800
P067100
P159200
P157700

If I start the car quickly it seems to bypass the glow-plugs error, but the engine management light remains on.

Any ideas what is causing these faults? All help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I had a similar problem, cant remember what code vagcom showed but it was my dpf pressure sensor. Replaced with new and all good now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi KML,

I recently had the limp mode issue on my 2009 2.7 TDI A5. With the help of vagcom device we detected that the MAF sensor (this is the Air flow rate sensor just after the Air filter) was dead... So luckly I was able to find an orijinal second hand one from a parts store. After the replacement, it's been 2.000 Miles and nearly 3 weeks. So no issues at all.

Hope this helps.

Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts