Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. Weird one- I've changed interior bulbs to LED earlier today, (much better I must say) went out in the car this afternoon and when I lock or unlock the car now the exterior lights don't come on. I've checked the settings in the car and they should be on. Anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem is. Surely cant be anything to do with swapping the interior bulbs, can it? Also which lamps should light up as DRL cos I'm not sure they're working either, but when I switch the lights on manually ALL lamps are working. PS I am new to A5 ownership so please be gentle with your replies ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I've just thought of something obvious- do the locking/ unlocking lights only work after dark? ?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ignore the ramblings of a middle aged man whose stuck in 1980's technology- I've just been out to check now that it's dark(ISH) , and all is well with the lights and DRL. I'm used to cars that have "lights on" or "lights off" by means of a switch (call me old fashioned). But having said that I LOVE my coupe, and I will get used to all the "gadgets" - EVENTUALLY. In the meantime be prepared for more daft questions.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DRL by default will be like these:
Thanks, but my drl are different- they're not led like that from what I can make out. Mine are underneath the sidelight. My car is a 2015 on a 65 plate if that makes a difference

·
Registered
30 Posts
More like these, I guess.

Normally, only these are on. By programming with VAGCOM/VCDS the backlights will be on too.
for a list of options.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, but my drl are different- they're not led like that from what I can make out. Mine are underneath the sidelight. My car is a 2015 on a 65 plate if that makes a difference
More like these, I guess.

Normally, only these are on. By programming with VAGCOM/VCDS the backlights will be on to.
for a list of options.
Yeah, that's exactly what mine are like. All is well now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts