Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did search...lol..so i will get that out of the way....haha

im going to order the Hoen H11 xenon match bulbs for my fogs...so i can change them right away....

another question is... the picture below...the bulbs in the headlights... are these on all the time...or is this a euro car....so i dont worry about them?

if they do turn on...has anyone changed them and what bulbs are they...i may order them as well so i can change them the same day.....

again... i dont pick up my car until next week so i dont have the manual...

thanks again...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
That's forum member Quattrings car (US spec). He installed the Euro headlights. I did too. When you install those lights on a US spec car, those "city lights" turn on whenever you have either your parking lights or headlights turned on. (See futher details here.)

With Euro headlights installed on a US spec car, those city lights essentially operate the way the side marker lights do on the US headlights. The Euro headlights don't have side marker lights like the US ones. Instead, they have those "city lights" that turn on when the car is parked and ignition off. They're used to light up one side of the car when it's parked on a dark, narrow road.

In that photo, Quattrings has installed an LED bulb in place of the brown-ish incandescent bulb that normally comes installed with the Euro headlights. The Hoen bulbs used in the fog lights are a completely different type of bulb.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
man....thanks.... this site should be called TXcarguyOC.com.... lol

so...basically they wont be used in the US spec A5..... so i dont worry about them....

im off then to order my replacement hoen H11 55W xenon match bulbs!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
:D No problem... glad to help. I've been on this forum since August 2007 before the cars started arriving in the US, so I've acquired a lot of knowledge about these cars over that time. Just sharing what I've learned!

Yeah, take a look at your headlights, and you'll notice they have a gray dummy plug in place of those city light bulbs found on the Euro headlights.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh...ok...so i wont have any bulbs in there.....Thanks for the info!

so...basically i will drive with the LED's and if i want turn on the fogs...and thats it.....

great.....now i need some WHEELS!!!!!!

i love those T1S work's...but they are just a little more then want i wanna spend... any other good suggestions on looks...

i may just go back to black with polished lip... but im thinking maybe....6 or 7 spoke... since i have always gone 5....

any suggestions?????????????

oh, and if i am thinking about installing those H&R springs for a slightly lower profile... where would you suggest getting them installed.... i never though about that before...

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Well, your amber side markers will also light up when you have either your parking lights or headlights turned on.

Regarding springs installation, I'd suggest you check with other PA folks on here to see who they'd recommend for installing your springs. I've established a good relationship with one of the senior Audi technicians and a local dealership, so that's who does all my mods.

As for wheels, I don't really have any suggestions to offer you because they'd be just as expensive as (if not more than) the Work wheels. Just poke around the forum and check out the various wheels photos is my best advice. Then, when you see something you like, research the price to see if it fits your budget.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.