Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, after missing the car for 2 weeks (due to the deer running in front of me) They did amazing job on the body work (new hood left fender) and painted it and it matches beautifully...

I was turned the tires hard left while doing a 3 point turn and I hear a weird sound of metal.. and said.. well.. you can problem guess it :eek:

Anyway, whenever the wheels rotate.. scrape ..scrape.. scrape .. So.. tow truck is comming tomorrow early in the AM. I will keep everyone posted.

Any ideas what this might be??

·
Registered
254 Posts
Stone guard on brake disc? It is made of very thin metal and easily distorted.

·
Registered
479 Posts
There's a backing plate to the brake rotor, might be a little bit bent from your accident, could possibly cause noises like that.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Cars will never be the same after theyve been crashed

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The crash was all cosmetic luckily except for cracking the plastic protector for the light which caused the light to burn out. They said the hood was "moved" about 1/2 mm and the fender was bent by an inch. This noise didn't start happening until I moved the wheel all the way pointing hard right (my bad for saying left up there)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fixed

Easy fix. A heat sheild came lose due to the mechanic working on it when painting the car and was laying on the axle on that side.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Lewy, I was gonna guess deer foot in hub. lol Glad it wasn't that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts