Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hello, just joined the forum but have been enjoying this site ever since I ordered my A5 on 3/24/08 (not like I've been counting every day). Talked to my dealer here in North NJ and they told me my 2009 A5 (Deep Sea Blue / gray interior / Tip / Premier / B & O ) finally will be released from an undisclosed port of call to the dealership on 8/18. Translation - its mine in less than a week.
My wife is going to throw a party because I can finally get on with my life again...I can not wait. I must give kudos to the head sales mgr who got me a very nice APR on a loan (not thru Audi).

Perhaps a stupid question....Can you hook up an iPod directly to the B & O system if you do not have the Nav / MMI system? Thanks and of course will try to get photos up ASAP.

·
Registered
479 Posts
My wife is going to throw a party because I can finally get on with my life again..
Ha ha!! My wife will be doing the same in a fortnight!!

Hope the next week goes quick for you!!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
For 2009 if you didn't order Nav, there's an option to separately order AMI (Audi Music Interface). This is what you'd need to connect your iPod to the system and have it displayed on the MMI. Otherwise, the only other option I believe is for you to connect it using the Aux-in jack that now comes on 2009 models, if I'm not mistaken. I think that jack is supposed to be located under the center armrest.

Congrats! That's hilarious about your wife throwing you a party. A lot of people on here can relate to putting their lives on hold until their car arrives. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its here!!!!!!

Picked it up last night...looked beautiful the moment I layed eyes on it. The dealer had already gotten 3 offers above MSRP from folks who had seen it since it got off the truck on 8/20. It was the only A5 on the lot.
Before I saw the car,I must admit that the color I chose scared me a little since I had never seen it before, other than thru random pics on this and other sites. But it is an amazing color and anyone ordering deep sea blue should be psyched. I do not kid you that the color of this car changes with every hour of the day and change in the weather...just beautiful. I have put less than 20 miles on the car thus far but the experience has been....well surreal - I can't believe its in my garage!
Plan to take it out on the highway tomorrow and actually figure out how to turn on the radio (just kidding)...perhaps I'll allow the Mrs. to actually drive it!!
Anyway, pictures to follow...all I have to say is - ITS SO WORTH THE WAIT!
Peace.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Congrats on the new car - hope the party was good!

I ordered my A5 on 3/22. Its also DSB with Light Gray. Could you please also post a couple pics of the interior?

My dealer (Boston area) told me a couple weeks ago they expected the car this past week also. Waited patiently, but called them yesterday to check and I'm still waiting to hear back!! I must admit, you hear so many horror stories re. deliveries (hail storms ??) that I'm starting to get anxious.

·
Registered
101 Posts
At the port!

Found out today my A5 arrived in port yesterday. Depending on how quickly they clear customs, I could have it within the week, or sooner. The wait is almost over...thank goodness!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.