Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Well, I'm gutted. I have only had my A5 since last Monday evening and already one of the LEDs has gone out. Although I don't know when it failed, I noticed it this afternoon when I saw the reflection in the car in front.

The good news is that my salesman is as gutted as I am and will deal with the ordering of the replacement headlamp unit whilst I am away working.

On the plus side, I picked up a new contract (I work in IT) at short notice on Wednesday and had to drive down to Tilbury. It gave me the opportunity to try the car in 'motorway' mode and although I didn't push it, I was mightly impressed with the cruising capabilities. The steering doesn't seem quite as precise and postive as the 330D BMW I just had, but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Overall, apart from probably having to change a headlamp unit once a week for the next 3 years, I am pleased I switched allegiance from BMW. The car attracts a lot of attention on the road - especially when stuck in a traffic jam on the M25 on a Friday evening.

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Seems like this is becoming more of an issue then.

How many owners do we have with the same problem? 3 or 4?

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I posted a few weeks back that one of my LEDs had gone out and I am now on my second headlamp.

My dealer valeted the car whilst they had it (inside and out) so I cannot complain too much.

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Seems like this is becoming more of an issue then.
How many owners do we have with the same problem? 3 or 4?
Didn't realise this was a common problem. One way to find out is to check if dealers have them in stock, as for common faults dealers usually keep parts in stock.

·
Registered
43 Posts
i've had this issue too posted a few weeks back..looked like a tooth had been knocked out..lol..anyways, dealer fixed it pretty quick and valeted my car too...oh, and as it was xmas..they threw in a nice little hamper too..hurrah to the audi customer service..!

but now...ive gone and got a 4inch scratch just near the rear left arch...ouch!!. and gutted..!!..anyone know of any good places to get it sorted?.. :eek:

·
Registered
231 Posts
i've had this issue too posted a few weeks back..looked like a tooth had been knocked out..lol..anyways, dealer fixed it pretty quick and valeted my car too...oh, and as it was xmas..they threw in a nice little hamper too..hurrah to the audi customer service..!

but now...ive gone and got a 4inch scratch just near the rear left arch...ouch!!. and gutted..!!..anyone know of any good places to get it sorted?.. :eek:
funkymoola, looking at your location you must be the silver a5 i see regularly in ealing,

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Although I don't know when it failed, I noticed it this afternoon when I saw the reflection in the car in front.
Finding I'm doing this more and more now - are they still working? How about now? Still working? - Yep!

Sounds a bit of a worry, especially as I generally just leave the lights in Auto, and so far the main lights seem to be always on, even in the middle of the day. I've tried changing the setting in the MMI to late, but doesn't seem to make a difference. This means you don't see the LEDs reflected, just the main lights. I'm now switching the lights to 'off' more, just to check the LEDs in the rear of the car in front.

·
Registered
231 Posts
tbh i find the auto lights and wipers to work perfectly as i want. my car is a very early car, built june 2007

·
Registered
43 Posts
funkymoola, looking at your location you must be the silver a5 i see regularly in ealing,

quite possibly...mines sahara silver...ET07 XXX ...where abouts in ealing were u..i would have definately noticed another A5 cruising the streets...now to get this damn scratch fixed..and the wheel is chipped...oh the joys of a new car...lol....any ideas on where i can get a good job done?...any suggestions woudbe greatly appreciated..

·
Registered
231 Posts
quite possibly...mines sahara silver...ET07 XXX ...where abouts in ealing were u..i would have definately noticed another A5 cruising the streets...now to get this damn scratch fixed..and the wheel is chipped...oh the joys of a new car...lol....any ideas on where i can get a good job done?...any suggestions woudbe greatly appreciated..
damn i have the same battle scars to sort too. 2 lightly curbed wheels and and big stone chip from a gritter lorry. let me know if u find something local.

i live in gerrards cross but spend most my time in london and am very often in ealing. i have seen your car on the Arygle road. my plate is LM07xxx

·
Registered
43 Posts
cool...at last a local londoner(ish)...lol..well there's a guy at my workplace who used to own a car repair franchise and knows about repairing chips..ive spoken to him about mine and he reckons it may need a respray!..but ile get his number and pass it on..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts