Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took a picture of this compartment on the left side of the trunk in my 2009 S5. In this picture, is that the B&O amplifier that notoriously shorts out when water drips into the compartment? I ask because at the following link Quattrings shows a picture of his B&O amplifier and it looks different than the one in my picture...no fan. Did Audi make a design change to the amplifier to avoid further tinting/water damage to the sound system?

Quattrings Pic:
See thumbnail below

My Lt Trunk Compartment:

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
I believe that the control unit of the MMI is also in that section of the car, which is another reason why spilling water on that area is a bad idea. (I know someone has a skeleton like picture of the rear of the car which shows all the electronic interfaces, wires and devices that are in the car, and you can clearly see two, or I believe it was two, boxes in that same rear left area of the car.)

·
Registered
415 Posts
The MMI control head isn't back there, but the radio box is. It just handles the AM/FM/SatRad specific functions and feeds them to the MMI head behind the glove box.

Funny, though. My stack looks totally different. I have the amp with the fan. But it's mounted horizontally, on top of a tower that also contains the Nav DVD drive, the radio tuner, and the Sirius tuner. Wonder why it's so different.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Some of the difference is probably because I didn't get the Nav option...
Yep, that's exactly why there's a difference. My 2009 S5 has the amp lying horizontally along with all the other components that aerodave described.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.