Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning all hope we all had a fantastic Xmas and new year!

im new to this community so hoping with all this wisdom some one can help.

I have a 2015 Audi a5 cab 3.0 had no issues what so ever since owning the Car.
how ever my rear n/s tail light on the boot the brake light part doesn’t work. I have changed the whole unit with a new part as it’s led can’t just change a bulb but still
Same issue. So I’m guessing it’s wiring I can get it to come and flicker on and off if I open the boot fully and close it slowly close to the point of shutting it will
Flicker and then turn off. Im
Hoping this is a easy fix let me add I’m no sparky

I will Try and attach pics and videos

Attachments

·
Administrator
473 Posts
Welcome. You should inspect the wires where they bend when the boot opens and closes near the hinges. Likely to be a broken wire with an intermittent contact.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you I’ve messed with the harness that houses the wires and it looks like when the boot closes there is plastic retainer clip that attaches to the boot strut how ever when this closes it seems to bend the wire seems to be very poor design 😩.
I’ve managed to snap the plastic bit unintentional I may add and moved the wire around and it has come back on how ever it came off again so it’s definitely something to do with the wire. Will
I need to be a electrician to sort This problem.

·
Administrator
473 Posts
If you can access the loom and remove the fabric tape you can look at the wires inside. Depending on what you find you may be able to solder or crimp the damaged wire. Just make sure all wires are insulated and placed back in the correct position so they are not damaged when the boot open and closes. You’ll need some insulation tape and some fabric loom tape to restore the factory appearance. Or just ask an auto electrician to take a look.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts