Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey ive seen a few posts about retro fitting led headlights to non led a5, but they all seem to mention using the oem Xenon kit, i dont need that as i have already fitted an aftermarket HID kit on myn, i was jus wondring if there was a way i could fit oem leds on the car but styl use my aftermarket HID kit, or would that be too complicated

· Registered
3,009 Posts
THE LEDS are integral with the headlight unit and cant be retrofitted to standard halogen headlights. To get ther LED look, you would need a set of xenon headlights - Ebay is a good place for 2nd hand units.

What you could do its remove the lens (oven method) and install a LED strip onto the back of the front lens cover, wire into side lights. This may look rubbish though?

JB

· Registered
812 Posts
very rubbish, order some OEM headlights from europrice. If you cant do this, dont add honda style led strips to a 50k Car.

· Registered
3,009 Posts
If you go down this route you will need a kufatec adaptor harness and if your ECM(J519 module) isnt the latest series and doesnt have enough pins for the high beam then you would need thie and programming
rgds
JB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.