Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
8T0 945 095 B outer left and 8T0 945 093 A inner left.
8T0 945 096 B outer right and 8T0 945 094 A inner right.
(Basically the same als the regular light part numbers but with the letters added)

Plus new required connectors: 1J0 973 714 and 3B0 972 724.

Who's gonna be the first trying to fit them? I guess it requires some recoding, and maybe rewireing as well, since the regular inner lights don't have a brake-light bulb. Hmm...

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
So where did you obtain these confirmed part numbers from?

BTW, I will not be installing these on my car (not a fan of the new placement of the reverse light). :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
I agree with TX. I think the back-up light placement on the LED's deff changes the look of the rear lines.

It's a shame beacuse I really like LED rear lights.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I really like them but how does the reverse light change from the std ones?
Take a look at the pics in this thread and you'll see the difference. Instead of being on the top like it is now, the reverse light has been moved toward the bottom on the LED version.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I agree with TXcarguy on the setup of the lights. Having the reverse on the bottom I think detracts from the design of the car. Also agree that Audi tends to have the best in-house LED designed lamps in the market.

Maybe later....:x:

·
Registered
493 Posts
I will probably order them :D The LED taillights can't ruin the look of the S5 and I would also say that the LED look will make the car look more expensive.
I think the white line makes the car looks wider and lowered.
Thats my opinion ofc.
Any info about the price?

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
As mentioned in the other led light thread i have ordered a set on the assumption that they will arrive from Germany. However im not holding my breath as they might be too new at the moment. No prices were available either. Ordered from Martyn at Vagparts.com

·
Registered
41 Posts
I think the car looks perfect the way it is now...i like the look of ths lines at night rather than the individual shine of the LED's

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
As mentioned in the other led light thread i have ordered a set on the assumption that they will arrive from Germany. However im not holding my breath as they might be too new at the moment. No prices were available either. Ordered from Martyn at Vagparts.com
They will first be available from half december.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm not sure if they can be retrofitted at all...the old connector is 4 pins and the new LED model is 8 pins.

Maybe they can only operate if you replace the complete wiring....that would be a pain in the @ss to do. Or -as a doom scenario- you might also need to replace control modules. :eek:

Only speculating though...;)

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
Yes You Can - but be pateint

Yes these can be retro fitted, and yes you definetly need wiring / adapters if you want these to work, as the lights within the unti are in completely different places to the non-led unit AND obviously ones LED that requires different current etc.

Trust me it is not as simple as simply just changing the unti over. The coding is something that I know people are working on but not complete.

The lights (set) will be approx €700 plus adpator harness guessing €200 or so - not much change from a grand - is it going to be worth it.

The car will still look the business - with or without!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.