Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having just picked up my ex demo (3.5k miles) 3.0 tdi, i have noticed that one of the left hand side LEDs isn't working....being a sunday i havent been able to contact the dealer..does anyone know if this can be easily replaced.and should it be under warranty?....:confused:

·
Registered
45 Posts
its a new headlight,ring them tommorrow and they can spec order a new unit so it can be fitted and set up within half an hour.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Having just picked up my ex demo (3.5k miles) 3.0 tdi, i have noticed that one of the left hand side LEDs isn't working....being a sunday i havent been able to contact the dealer..does anyone know if this can be easily replaced.and should it be under warranty?....:confused:
Check the wiring connectors going into the headlight assembly. Maybe one of them is loose and this is what is causing the problem. If not a call to the dealer tomorrow is in order.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks houseofg,The led lights are part of the headlight and if there was a bad connection all of the led would be out.Are first demo s5 had this on the nsf unit.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thnnks for the info guys, i shall call the dealer tomorrow..hopefully wont need the whole light to to be changed...may cost..but shouldnt this be under warranty as i only picked up the car yesterday..oh and just took her for a blast down the A41 for the first time...all i can say is wow...third gear is awesome!!.. :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
thnnks for the info guys, i shall call the dealer tomorrow..hopefully wont need the whole light to to be changed...may cost..but shouldnt this be under warranty as i only picked up the car yesterday..oh and just took her for a blast down the A41 for the first time...all i can say is wow...third gear is awesome!!.. :)
Of course it will be under warranty.....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have just called the dealer and it IS under warranty!!.yes!!..they have to replace the whole lamp..shame eh..the guy in the service dept wasn't too happy as they have apparently had to replace three in the past month!!..but hey..that's what a warranty is for!...

·
Registered
677 Posts
Thanks houseofg,The led lights are part of the headlight and if there was a bad connection all of the led would be out.Are first demo s5 had this on the nsf unit.
I missed the part of a single LED out. You are correct. A bad connection would have them all out as I was thinking.

Now probably a single LED needs replacing which will take the replacement of the entire assembly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts