Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if the LED lights(running lights) can be installed after I get the car? Unfortunately I did not order it when I ordered the A5 1.8t. :( stupid me but at the time I thought it was an expensive deal just to have it...it still is but now I see, it really makes the difference.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I thought all A5s had the LED running lights. Didnt think you could buy one without them?????

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I would definitely pay the money to get the euros at MadAudi.

The car just isn't the same without the DRL's......:(

·
Registered
198 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A5 1.8t's the lights are optional, at here in Sweden. Stupid idea...I think. Well, they say money rules the world...ha ha...it sure does.:mad:

I do n't understand why in some countries they are included and others they are not? Oh well..if someone can answer my first question, I'll appreciative it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
In the US, you have to get the premium package to have the LED lights, otherwise you have the regular ones. :(

If you have the reg bi xenon lights, are the adaptive lights at madaudi a direct plug in? would I have to do anything special to make them work?

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
In the US, you have to get the premium package to have the LED lights, otherwise you have the regular ones. :(

If you have the reg bi xenon lights, are the adaptive lights at madaudi a direct plug in? would I have to do anything special to make them work?
If I were you, I would contact madaudi directly to find out for sure. I can tell you that when I swapped out my US spec adaptive headlights with the Euro spec ones, I had to remove two separate modules from the bottom of each headlight and install those on each of the new headlights. I'm not sure what they're for, but I'm going to guess one might be for the LEDs and the other might have something to do with the adaptive light control. But, that's just a guess.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
3 Posts
Quoted me £4k in the UK !

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
871 Posts
Xenons with the LED DLR are standard on all 6 cylinder models in the UK and a £775 option on 4 cylinder models

·
Registered
141 Posts
If I were you, I would contact madaudi directly to find out for sure. I can tell you that when I swapped out my US spec adaptive headlights with the Euro spec ones, I had to remove two separate modules from the bottom of each headlight and install those on each of the new headlights. I'm not sure what they're for, but I'm going to guess one might be for the LEDs and the other might have something to do with the adaptive light control. But, that's just a guess.
Thanks Tx. Sounds like a plan. I like the euro lights much much better over all :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had no idea the LED lights were optional. Has anybody installed the LED's (with Xenons I presume) on an A5 post-factory? I wish I could see a picture of what the regular bulb set up looks like.

I would get the Euro lights but afraid of getting a ticket in Los Angeles, where cops are looking for any excuse to pull you over (I've had friends get ticketed for tinting).

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
I wish I could see a picture of what the regular bulb set up looks like.
Click here to see a pic.

The Xenon headlights and LED DRLs are included with the Premium package on US spec A5s. I assume you didn't order that package?

Please update your profile to display your location. Thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
^ Yeah, I didn't get it. In hindsight, it might have been good just to improve resale value. The only feature that stood out was folding exteriors mirror, but I thought the LED's were standard even though I must have read the Xenon with LED thing about a dozen times.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I was wondering if the LED lights(running lights) can be installed after I get the car? Unfortunately I did not order it when I ordered the A5 1.8t. :( stupid me but at the time I thought it was an expensive deal just to have it...it still is but now I see, it really makes the difference.
Problem you'll also have mate is the washers.

We were told when we asked for ours that the washers HAD to be fitted by law.

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Each headlight will cost you £274.19 you will also need the HID bulb(D3S) at £117.30 ea and then the control unit for the bulb(ballast) at £290.93 ea. The cornering headlight has an extra controller under the headlight at £155 ea. All prices include the Uk vat at 17.5%
Having had a good look inside some S5 headlights the led controller is inside the headlamp. There no reason why you cant fit these yourself as long as you have idea of car electrics. NB the halogen headlamps have a 10pin connecter and the xenon/led headlamps have a 14pin connecter, so some rewiring will be neccessary.
Here in the uk the law dictates that we have auto leveling and headlamp washers on all xenon headlight cars, but numerous cars dont. Even the MOT testers dont check for this

·
Registered
11 Posts
Do the lights actually turn into a corner?

I can't tell if mine do or not! :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts