Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find several LED threads on this forum, for example on dome, rear license plates and so on. But noone has yet tried to swap the yellow turn signal bulbs with yellow LEDs.

The first thing that comes to mind is autocheck which will give an alert. this can be solved easily by adding a small resistor (correct name?) to the harness going into the lamp. Several wires, but should be easy to find the signal for the turn signal.

I see the largest problem as to find a LED-bulb that will actually fit the socket in the lamp. And not only fit but also have the correct polarity so it will fit. I've tried a couple of LED-bulbs on my 06 A6, but haven't been able to find any that fit or have the correct polarity yet.

I've found several sites where I can buy these, but I don't want to buy the whole internet to find the correct one.

Example these might do it, I don't know:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/V-LE...Q5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories#ht_1835wt_1044
http://cgi.ebay.com/2-AMBER-SMT-27-...hZ012QQcategoryZ33713QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem
http://cgi.ebay.com/2-AMBER-SMT-27-...hZ012QQcategoryZ33713QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Does anyone have any information that could help? If you just could find correct LED-bulbs.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Just curious - now that I ordered FL rear tail lights for my '08, has anyone done LED amber signals in the front by swapping the bulb? Not much in the archives when I search.

I'm guessing that the light output/dispersion would not be adequate in the daytime if we could find one that fits.

Anyone?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Any info on this.. Has anyone tried this? And if so, what bulbs did you use and what size?
Thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Will this replace the PWY24W halogen turn bulb? If so I might have a go and thanks for the info maxpowers

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 820 using Board Express

·
Registered
421 Posts
It looks like the 1156 7506 will fit. The socket pin seems to be the same as mine. The bulb is small, halogen and with offset pins. Not sure if white or amber would be best. Will investigate a little more.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I have sent the person who uploaded the video with the black A5 front led bulbs a message. Hopefully we will know soon the bulb type that was used. I will let everyone know. There are so many designations for bulb types it is all very confusing!!

·
Registered
421 Posts
Yes, the guy is from Japan and he drives a prefacelift audi sportback. He says that the bulbs in the post facelift model have a different bulb. Can anyone who has a good rapport with an audi dealer fund out if the front turn signal bulb is the same in the pre and post facelift S5? I have the post facelift. Really want to change these bulbs.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Thanks Spikey. Both pre and post facelift are halogen with offset pins at 120 degrees. But I am told they are two different bulbs. Hopefully an Audi dealer will confirm. Because of the offset pins then polarity can become an issue and the replacement bulb may not work.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I was talking about the front turn signal bulb. I believe you can already get the rear bulb for pre facelift here now. You could try BM Town

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was talking about the front turn signal bulb. I believe you can already get the rear bulb for pre facelift here now. You could try BM Town

I was searching a lot of information on led things, caused my head dizzy. oh yes, we were talking about the front lol:mallet:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Updates?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts