Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Have had my car about a month now and done 2000 miles, the leather seats are showing significant signs of wear :( . Sagging in the centre panel and the side bolsters. (Have had 3 previous Audi's which have never had this problem)Been back to dealer who has confirmed that there is a fault being investigated by Audi at the moment, either relative to the stitching location or the foam/cushioning used in the sports seat. Anyone else noticed any problems yet?

·
Registered
128 Posts
My Magma Red leather seats have discoloured already, but that's got a lot more to do with my new black jeans than it has Audi's leather!!

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Take some pics if you can....

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
Has anyone any further information on this?

I've also noticed the inserts in my sports seats stretching slightly, and i've only did 1000 miles.

Anyone noticed anything?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Are all the problems with Valcona leather or are there any issues with Milano?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have just ordered my car, interior is magma red and now im begining to worry. But I am waiting for the automatics coming out in May of 08'. I hope they can fix this problem by then,,, I am getting the 1st automatic that my dealer in Manhattan is getting.

Ed

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
Not sure if this is 'on topic' for this thread, but my dealer let slip that there have been quality issues with the manual seats. Not sure what, but all the cars they've had have been delivered with the electric adjustment, even if it wasn't ordered!

I wasn't sold on the need for electric seats, so stuck to manual, but hey, if Audi are going to give me a free £600 option, then who am I to complain?

I also wonder if this was part of the problem with early delivery cars all being delayed by around 5 weeks...

Anyone order the manual seats and end up with electric?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I actually heard this today, a colloegues 2.7TDI A5 was delivered with electric seats although it was ordered with manual. He got them for free!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Interesting... I've noticed that my Valcona (electric) seats take a long time to return to normal shape if you lean on them with an elbow, knee etc.

I'd be interested to hear the outcome of any discussions with Audi.

·
Registered
84 Posts
seats

Hi All

I ordered my 3.0 TDI with normal seats - but got the electric ones installed when I picked up the car (4 weeks ago now). The seats were listed as 'NCO' (NO cost Option) and I gather it was to do with the quality issues...

However, talking of quality, I have noticed that my seat is looking a little worn already - only after 200 miles. The area of most concern is the bottom seat central section - its as if the leather material has stretched a little and now has a slight 'ripple look' rather than being smooth. I have not had leather seats before so I'm not sure if that is 'normal'....

rgs

MArk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Markus,

If in doubt then report it to your dealer, it is normal to expect some movement in the leather, though it should not show visable sag or bubbles at this stage in its life.

I have now been in contact with Audi UK at Milton Keynes and they have assured me that it is a registered fault which is being researched in Germany awaiting a factory fix and they will come back to me when they have a further update.

My problems are on Black valcona leather.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Me too Swadman. This is exactly the sort of info we will all benefit from on this forum. Please post updates when available.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I will try and post some pictures this weekend...

Went to dealer today and they said ..'that is not wear, just leather creap, and nothing to be worried about..'. THey did assure me that if there was a problem they would replace the seat....

Watch out for pics and we can compare...

rgs

MArk

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have also got valcona and experiencing the same problem. Quite a lot of sagging away from the seat cushion in the central section.

How bad does it have to get before they will replace. The worry is that if Audi say wait for a while and replace a single seat then there may be a colour variance with the rest of the car ! especially as I have star silver.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Back seat Problem

I have a problem with the back seat, the car had the interior treated to help keep it clean more easily and i can only think that the guy doing the work kneeled on the seat.... the biggest worry is the sub structure under the leather is also damaged. Took it back to the dealer and they are going to replace the seat.

Attachments

·
Registered
341 Posts
Has anyone seen the Milano Leather Interior?

I am going to opt for the USA S-Line package for my A5, but I am not crazy about the Alcantera Leather/fabric combination on the sport Seats I see in pictures.
I would consider the USA optional Milano leather upgrade (I understand at $1000 extra) if it looks good and results in all leather seating.

Has anyone see Milano leather and what are your impressions?

1 - 20 of 195 Posts