Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:wall:I have asked this question before and I have yet to get an answer--even AudiUSA does not know but they are checking.
What, in the interior, is leather?? Is it just the seat faces or is it the entire seat? I'm sure the dash is vinyl but I don't know about the door panels. Anyone have the answer?

·
Registered
324 Posts
What, in the interior, is leather?? Is it just the seat faces or is it the entire seat? I'm sure the dash is vinyl but I don't know about the door panels. Anyone have the answer?
I don't know about your car but on mine, the entire seat is leather on the front and in the back as well as the arm rests, the door inserts are leather. My dash is definitely not leather. I do have the leather upgrade though so not sure how this effects things.

Hope this helps

·
Registered
36 Posts
My dealer said only the middle of the seat is leather. The 'seating surfaces'. The rest are vinyl. That pisses me off a bit....

·
Premium Member
1,800 Posts
My seat is leather on the entire frontage and on the bolsters. The rear of the seat, however, is vinyl.

I actually prefer that the rear is vinyl as when people struggle and squeeze to get in and out of the back they tend to fall against the vinyl or have their feet on it. If it was leather it would be ruined.

The dash is also vinyl (not sure if there's an upgrade for that, is there?), but the steering wheel is leather.

Best leather dash i've seen was on my dad's XKR. The quality of work that went into that leather and stitching was quite remarkable. Would be nice if audi had done something like that with this car.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts