Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one have leasing numbers yet? I still can not get an idea from the dealor about what the monthly lease expense with be.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have not heard of any leases for the S5, simply b/c it's such a hot ticket item, that they can always find buyers lined up, waiting to drive out with one. Notwithstanding, if I had to take a guess, I'd guess the usage value (initial price less estimated salvage value) will be ~ 2/3 of initial price, i.e., ~ 40,000.

Based on this guess-timate, you would be looking at anywhere from a 1,075 to 1,250, on a 39-mo lease. Yes, this is all just numbers and pure guesses (assuming 0 down at time of lease.)

Good luck,

·
Registered
3,586 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Also try www.leasecompare.com

They list offers from a number of lenders for comparative purposes.

Have both S5 tip and manual with varied ranges of residuals and money factors.

I think you would be looking at around $900-$1000 monthly depending on final MSRP (before taxes, zero down).

·
Registered
290 Posts
i remeber going to the dealer and discussing a lease rate with a money factor of about .00266....hope that helps a little bit

·
Registered
63 Posts
I went to leasecompare.com got approved then took it to the dealer. The dealer beat it so I went with them - aka US Bank. My only suggestion is this:

1. lowest money factor that you can get
2. highest residual you can get unless your buying then you want the opposite.

For me, I will be paying 69K$ for the car vs. $63K if I brought the car. But b/c of tax treatments I make out in the end.

Overall, leasing is never a good deal unless you are the type of person wanting a new car every 3-4 years. I will be driving this untill the doors come off.

·
Registered
20 Posts
So does lease compare actually get that price. It's showing for a 48000 A5 with a 800 CS and 5k down only 550 a month, seems to low?

·
Registered
25 Posts
So does lease compare actually get that price. It's showing for a 48000 A5 with a 800 CS and 5k down only 550 a month, seems to low?
Not sure if you can get to $500 but it will be close if you put $5K down... but then again, why would you want to put $5K down?

There is no/little benefit in leasing to put a large sum up front. You are simply pre-paying the lease.

·
Registered
63 Posts
+1. If leasing DO NOT PUT MONEY DOWN! There is no point. You are better off banking the $$$ and save it toward the residual if you plan to buy it later. But lease to buy is almost the worst thing that you can do unless there are tax breaks.

I cannot state this enough...leasing is never a good deal in the end unless you can write it off as a business expense. Why because you are betting against the experts that set both the money factor and residual (their guess as to what the car will be worth at the end of the lease).

·
Registered
182 Posts
while i'd agree that leasing to buy is never a winning proposition, leasing has its place in the world other than as a business write-off.. for example, our family car is leased because we know we'll go through them in 3-4 years, this saves us the hassle of having to deal with flipping a car, we just hand back keys and settle into a new set of seats..

the other thing i disagree with is pre-paying a lease, if you load all of the numbers into a spreadsheet you'll find that down payments affect the total amount financed and accordingly save you in interest. if the money factor is sufficiently large, it could make a big difference, but if the money factor is super low (like the .00033 we got on our Q7) then it makes no sense to pre-pay as you'll be able to get more out of your own money than you would save in interest.. the S5 lease deals i've seen all have 6-8% interest rates, which make it more viable for down payment savings..

though every state has different tax implications, so make sure to check up on that..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts