Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the dealer in NJ on saturday. My delivery date got moved up to 12/1/07 and was told pre-official lease numbers. Was told numbers should come in just over current S4 numbers. Nothing down, just inception fee around 825-850 a month for 36 months.:)

·
Registered
9 Posts
I sure hope the numbers are that good, that would be fantastic if that was the case. I was expecting 1000-1200 given Audi's past track record with leasing #'s. Keeping my finger's crossed :D

·
Registered
677 Posts
I have not looked at leasing in the past. So I have a few questions.
Why would (do) you lease over purchase?
820/ month plus fees would be over $20,000 so I would have to loose more than this to consider a lease vs. purchase.
What would a fully loaded 2005 S4 have sold for? Used ones sell for ~$40,000. This will give me an idea of the depreciation amount for used Audi's.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have not looked at leasing in the past. So I have a few questions.
Why would (do) you lease over purchase?
820/ month plus fees would be over $20,000 so I would have to loose more than this to consider a lease vs. purchase.
What would a fully loaded 2005 S4 have sold for? Used ones sell for ~$40,000. This will give me an idea of the depreciation amount for used Audi's.
Business deduction with lease. Also I would cap cost it.

By going to this site,
http://www.mindyourfinances.com/calculators/lease-buy

I am ahead if I lease by 4k not including the deductions I can take.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I can only speak for myself, but the reasons I have for leasing are two-fold. The first is I claim 50% of the monthly note/insurance costs/fuel as a tax deduction at the end of the year due to self employed status and second I don't put anything down on the lease but keep the full amount of cash for the term of the lease invested drawing interest and send out the payment monthly.So this works out to significantly reducing what I'm actually paying for the car. Just my .02 on leasing.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I went to the site listed but would still need depreciation %.

The car is a corporate expense and would be fully paid for or lease (no loan). I deduct 100% of running expenses. So the basic question is whether I can get more for my money keeping it in a "bank" vs. paying "intrest" on the lease. Otherwise I do not see how it works.

BTW, the calculator figured 24m 8% 60% residual as 1406/ month. $34k cost of lease vs. $28k cost of buying.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I went to the site listed but would still need depreciation %.

The car is a corporate expense and would be fully paid for or lease (no loan). I deduct 100% of running expenses. So the basic question is whether I can get more for my money keeping it in a "bank" vs. paying "intrest" on the lease. Otherwise I do not see how it works.

BTW, the calculator figured 24m 8% 60% residual as 1406/ month. $34k cost of lease vs. $28k cost of buying.
I spoke with my dealer today and was told that my S5 monthly lease payment will be appx $1,000 (which is based on paying sticker with no discounts) for 15K miles per year. I was also told that although I had one of the first orders in and we originally thought I would be taking delivery in November, because I ordered Sprint Blue my car won't be here until sometime in December. (The dealer has two black cars and a white coming in next week.) No bother to me on the date, my current lease runs through December 27.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I spoke with my dealer today and was told that my S5 monthly lease payment will be appx $1,000 (which is based on paying sticker with no discounts) for 15K miles per year. I was also told that although I had one of the first orders in and we originally thought I would be taking delivery in November, because I ordered Sprint Blue my car won't be here until sometime in December. (The dealer has two black cars and a white coming in next week.) No bother to me on the date, my current lease runs through December 27.

You in NJ. I know Jack Daniels has 2 black w/black and an white one coming in. If fact already at port.

I got 10k miles on lease which make a difference as well as the Audi loyality discount.

·
Registered
273 Posts
You in NJ. I know Jack Daniels has 2 black w/black and an white one coming in. If fact already at port.

I got 10k miles on lease which make a difference as well as the Audi loyality discount.
I'm getting mine from Bell Audi in Rahway. Although you (I think it was you) managed to get the loyalty discount I was told it was not available on the S5. I'm getting them to throw in the Audi Care though, so while not a complete wash, only a few hundred dollars difference. I knew I was going to get creamed on the price (only fair after I took Bell to the cleaners on my last two Audis) as soon as I put down my deposit before the pricing was announced.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The lease for me would be a 10k lease. I think that would change the residual and money factor enough to lower the payment into the mid 800's.

·
Registered
12 Posts
december/january delivery

I was at schneider nelson audi in long branch,nj the owner has an s5 my salesman said I can come buy and check it out which I did. The car is better than I imagined. My only concern is that I was number 2 on the list of 3 initial allocated cars to that dealer and he tells me that he is expecting the cars to come in around end of december/janurary. Does anybody in the US have earlier delivery dates..thanks

·
Registered
685 Posts
I was at schneider nelson audi in long branch,nj the owner has an s5 my salesman said I can come buy and check it out which I did. The car is better than I imagined. My only concern is that I was number 2 on the list of 3 initial allocated cars to that dealer and he tells me that he is expecting the cars to come in around end of december/janurary. Does anybody in the US have earlier delivery dates..thanks
Some US members here already have their car. They are in TX. You should be able to get the car in November/December if you look around.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just the 3 yr facts:
At 10K/yr the lease number was 1030/mo and at 15k/yr the number was 1080.
I was OTD with 12k/yr and 1050 with 3850 out of pocket.
Exact number as of yesterday when I bought one that just happen to be there. If I didn't buy it at 1PM someone was going to later that day. Call me lucky as I didn't even know about this model.
Travis

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have one of 12/1. Only a little more than a month to go. The wait is killin me. It was 12/10 but got moved up.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just the 3 yr facts:
At 10K/yr the lease number was 1030/mo and at 15k/yr the number was 1080.
I was OTD with 12k/yr and 1050 with 3850 out of pocket.
Exact number as of yesterday when I bought one that just happen to be there. If I didn't buy it at 1PM someone was going to later that day. Call me lucky as I didn't even know about this model.
Travis

Where did you get it from? What was the MF and residual? Also what was the MSRP of the car? Discount?

·
Registered
12 Posts
phantom black lease

I just came back from jack daniels audi, in NJ. They have a black s5 the residual is 57% and the money factor .00285. they also wanted $2500 over the msrp which is crazy because they know they have the car. I was quoted lease rates of $1300 for 15k miles. I did test drive the s5 there it is a beast to say the least, I love it's feel on the road. They had another one in the back ready for someone. Blue with pearl silver, i took some pics of them I will post.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.