Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just came back from oil change, and I think it's inconvenient that Audi got rid off the dipstick for engine oil. You cannot tell the level of the oil as you refill, and if you want to check through MMI, it says "it takes approx. two minutes blah blah blah". And if the process took too long and the engine cools down, then you have restart the engine and let it run again.

For my case, we put in about 10.1 quarts, which is a little more than the 9.6 quarts fellow members put in, and the moment I start the engine, the MMI says "please drain oil". We had to use the pump and suck out a tiny bit at a time, start MMI and wait "two minutes" for the info to show if the level is correct. Went through that process at least 10 times and took us a good 2 hours from beginning to finish.

We noticed that there is a small tube in the engine bay that has a metal plug on it, and that's where we use pump and tube to suck out the over-filled oil. Is it possible to go to Audi Parts and buy a dipstick and put it in there?

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Wow, what a pain in the *ss that must have been. Yes, you can order an oil dipstick. I was actually planning on ordering one, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

The part number and discussion on this topic can be found here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts