Audi A5 Forum & Audi S5 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I have lane assist in my 2009 A5 coupe with ugly 4 spoke wheel. I recently swapped SW for facelifted one but my lane assist stopped working. Is there any chance to disable vibration motor in steering wheel in channel 16 so the control module will not try to communicate with vibration motor that no longer exists? Or any other way to keep lane assist in cluster but without vibration?
thanks for advice!
Azure World Personal computer Font Output device

·
Administrator
406 Posts
I can see that the Lane change camera is reporting an error in the steering controller. What error is that as you didn’t show it in your post?

When you fitted the facelift wheel did you also change the clock spring or use the old one? Did you recode this in any way?

Perhaps the steering controller is still coded for the vibration motor which is no longer fitted and this is causing the error

You could try to recode the steering controller (remove the tick for vibration motor). This may work, however the Lane change camera may expect this to be there and report a no communication error.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply!
I’ve tried to remove box for “lane assist (vibration motor installed)” but this disables Button in stalk.
I haven’t changed clock spring, I got facelift steering wheel with airbag and loom that was plug n play.
World Rectangle Font Material property Display device

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That error is short to ground, I would expect open circuit for a missing component. Check the plug and play loom. Something probably isn’t right.
The only plug I reconnected was airbag. Already checked that plug and no luck. If there is no way to keep my lane assist on Display (don’t care about vibrations) I’ll have to sell that SW and get back to my old one which is ugly 😪 I don’t want to disable that feature as I’m finding it quite useful. Or somehow bypass that “short to ground” fault.
Speedometer Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Steering part
Vehicle Speedometer Car White Motor vehicle

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was thinking of doing this, do I need a new windshield? Would a q5 or a4 windshield fit on my 16 s5 if I do? I know the rearview mirror attachment, clips are different. The s5 uses a 4 prong clip and the rest of the cars use a 3 prong one.

I tried to add high beam assist using an a8 rear view mirror I got for cheap but i couldnt seem to get it to communicate with the canbus even though i enabled it in vcds. I assumed it was because the a8 was flexray, would anybody have any answers?

·
Administrator
406 Posts
Hello, Welcome to the forum!

You should check the part numbers for the windshield/windscreen, I did this retrofit on an B8.5 A4 so have no real knowledge on a B9. The screen I used was 8K0... so definitely for a B8.

As you have a 16 plate, you may have the camera installed already and just need to enable lane assist. I do seem to recall a recent thread where I read that it had been done. If I find it I'll post back.

Re the high beam assist, again I have no knowledge of the B9. I can tell you that in the B8, high beam assist requires the extended CAN (high speed CAN) and a matching gateway. I have no idea if this is still required for the B9, but it may be of some help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello, Welcome to the forum!

You should check the part numbers for the windshield/windscreen, I did this retrofit on an B8.5 A4 so have no real knowledge on a B9. The screen I used was 8K0... so definitely for a B8.

As you have a 16 plate, you may have the camera installed already and just need to enable lane assist. I do seem to recall a recent thread where I read that it had been done. If I find it I'll post back.

Re the high beam assist, again I have no knowledge of the B9. I can tell you that in the B8, high beam assist requires the extended CAN (high speed CAN) and a matching gateway. I have no idea if this is still required for the B9, but it may be of some help.
sorry, I'm in the states and I meant my car is a 2016. The only thing it came with was the blindspot warning so I know it has the correct CAN module.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts